Author Topic: 2018 Bow Trade-Completed  (Read 95435 times)

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
Re: 2018 Bow Trade-Sign Up
« Reply #465 on: October 17, 2018, 02:14:33 pm »
So here is a status update for everyone.  There was one participant that couldn't get a bow completed due to issues that came up.  There was also one participant that I lost contact with quite a while ago.  My attempts to make contact have failed (leaving me quite concerned about him)  I did just a bit of shuffling and everyone that built a bow should be getting one in the mail in the near future.  This was a small trade but there were some really nice bows built.  I sent shipping notices out to all those left in the trade.  If any issues come uo, please get in touch with me.

Please make sure and post some pictures of your new bow when you get it.  I am looking forward to seeing them.

Mike

Offline M2A

« Reply #466 on: October 18, 2018, 06:14:04 pm »
Was waiting at UPS store for them to open today. I shipped out. So they tell me it should be to its destination tomorrow by this time :) 

In my haste to pack things up I realized the string was still hanging on my bow rack.... so its in a zip lock bag right on top but its in there.

Looking forward to see where these bows all end up. Mike   

Offline M2A

« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2018, 04:58:30 pm »
Got home tonight and sitting in the cellar was pvc pipe.   ;D Great job Morgan! Thank you! Love the color of that hackberry. Handle is shaped out real nice and feels good. Was getting dark when I got home so couldn't get good pics tonight, but going to take it to work tomorrow and run some arrows through it and get some better pictures I hope. Thanks again Morgan, made my day! Mike

IMG_2379 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr

IMG_2380 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr   

Offline Morgan

« Reply #468 on: October 19, 2018, 05:21:46 pm »
Mike, I’m glad you like it. I’ve really enjoyed this trade. I’ve made bows for friends and family, but never anyone else, so I’ve been pretty stressed out through the whole deal. In all, that bow has around 200 arrows through it. It is pretty short for a 28” draw, but I have another almost exactly like it that has been shot a ridiculous amount of time and held up well. I hope it lasts a long time for you, if not, let me know and I’ll make you another.

Offline timmyd

« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2018, 07:24:13 pm »
I had one waiting for me as well. mike...I'm totally thrilled. tons of character in this bow and the bark handle wrap and snake skins  were just added bonuses. seriously man you hit this thing out of park. I only took one pic because Mike put a lot of pics of this up when he finished it. check them out under handle M2A. we have a couple weeks of archery left and I'm hoping to get one down with this. again Mike awesome job. half embarrassed to send mine out lol

Offline M2A

« Reply #470 on: October 20, 2018, 11:19:00 pm »
So glad you like it Timmy. Was such a fun build. After a few failed attempts this one just kinda came together real well for me. Skins and bark were 1st's for me. Good luck the rest of the season, the rut ought to be in full swing right soon.

Morgan, put 100 shots or so through that hackberry today. Well done man. I need to put a string nock on yet but there's a sweet spot about 1/8 of an inch above the mark you put on the serving. When I knocked there and had a clean release....I was right on target with no hand shock to speak of. I'll put a pic at the bottom here of the unbraced profile right after unstringing. I'm a sucker for nice grain in wood, like elm I think hackberry has some of the prettiest grain of anything so I did my best to take a few pics to show that off as well.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the swap. I enjoyed following along in all the builds. And thanks Swapman for running things for us.

Cheers, Mike

IMG_2387 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr

IMG_2383 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr

IMG_2385 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr

IMG_2382 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #471 on: October 22, 2018, 02:35:41 pm »
Just dropped off at the post office. Now for the wait.

Kyle

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #472 on: November 01, 2018, 09:28:00 am »
I received a heck of a nice bow from Timmy yesterday. I did shoot it a couple times, and it shoots great!! Nice work Timmy! Thanks for the bow.

I'll try and get a couple pics up later after work. I'll be sending out a bow in the next day or 2.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline hoosierf

« Reply #473 on: November 02, 2018, 04:00:49 pm »
Ok I’m shipped. Scheduled to arrive Thursday.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #474 on: November 03, 2018, 11:04:16 am »
Mark me as shipped also.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Morgan

« Reply #475 on: November 05, 2018, 08:29:32 pm »
Came home from work to a surprise waiting on me from tattoo Dave! Thank you very much for the bow Dave. I love the birch bark and boo and the paint makes a nice contrast. Handle feels good and the bow draws very smooth. Can’t wait to shoot it, be Wednesday before I get a chance if it ain’t raining.
Thank you again Dave, well done!

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2018, 04:05:33 am »
Glad you like Morgan! I hope it gives you years of service.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #477 on: November 28, 2018, 07:26:52 am »
Alright everyone, if you have received your trade bow and have not yet posted pictures, please do.  You all know that without pictures it didn't happen.  I really want to get this bow trade closed.  I am waiting on shipping confirmation from two of you so if you haven't shipped yet, please do so.  I currently have Christmas trade projects to work on so any time I spend trying to track you guys down is taking time away from my shop. :BB ;D

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2018, 09:57:33 am »
I havnt seen any sort of tube on my porch yet. But I’ll post pictures as soon as one shows up.

Kyle

Offline hoosierf

« Reply #479 on: November 29, 2018, 12:57:32 pm »
Ditto