Author Topic: What do you use to carry your arrows hunting///back,bow etc. quivers?  (Read 4888 times)

Offline shackleton

What do you guys prefer and why...show some pics too.
Scott

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: What do you use to carry your arrows hunting///back,bow etc. quivers?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:51:48 am »
I use either a side quiver or a bow mount quiver based on where I'm going. If I'm around home and just walking from my truck to a tree I like a bow quiver. If I am hunting bigger ground or unfamiliar ground I carry a Catquiver 1.5 with a few other goodies in it I may need.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 03:22:08 pm »
I use a Side Stalker style that Pearlie made for me for target shooting and a GFA style side quiver that I made from an old bow quiver that I made for hunting.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 03:26:16 am »
Neet Leather Hunting (broadhead) Hip Quiver. Out of the way and can use a Day pack. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:40:11 am »
What do you guys prefer and why...show some pics too.
Scott
Really you'll have settle into a style of quiver that suits you.Like you know many out there that work good.I like a side cat quiver type myself for convenience target shooting and little arm movement while hunting.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 08:53:35 am »
I use a side quiver made by Bobby Ratliff, Highnoon Hunter.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ntvbowyer1969

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 12:52:48 am »
I prefer a plains style quiver for hunting. I like the way the protect my fletchings by being totally covered by the quiver. They keep the arrows quiet and the arrows dont rattle around when moving. It has a easy access to arrows and the way it lays makes it easy to pull out arrows since it lays right across the front of the body. When you have to navigate a thicket you can slide it to you side making it a stream line easy to maneuver quiver. alot of back quivers get caught up on overhead branches. I dont like the feel of "on the bow" quivers. I dont like the extra weight they add to the bow and it blocks a full view of the animal when hunting. With my plains style quiver it is easy to hang up if you choose to hunt from a stand. This is just my preference and i am not saying my opinion is better than others favorites. All i can say is try some different quivers out at a shoot. Some of the dealers will let you try out there products there. Or you can just make them like i do and you can custom them out how you want them. This one was from a black bear i shot with my bow a few years back.[/img]

Offline ntvbowyer1969

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 01:18:49 am »

[/img]

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 08:20:22 am »
I use this one for hunting...

...and one like this for 3D and target shooting...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 11:00:22 am »
For roving, I really like the plains style, it's out of the way and easy to manuever. I used it all last year for hunting and I couldn't stand it, it's not practical with a day pack on, and it can not be moved around. I switched to a single arrow bow mount quiver that I made, and it works awesome. I keep extra arrows in a tube quiver strapped to my pack. I had a bow mount quiver a friend bought me that held 4 hour, it was quite a bit heavier and made my arrows smack when shooting.....I have no idea why. My friend and I have both had that problem. I'm a huge fan of the single arrow quiver for hunting tho.
Eric