Author Topic: Copper for fishing head?  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Copper for fishing head?
« on: March 14, 2018, 03:14:33 pm »
I’m in the mood to get some fishing arrows set up for the year. I’ve been thinking of how I wanted to go about making them as I’ll be chasing 5-20 pound carp on average with thee occasional hunt for 20-40# grass carp and buffalo. I’m thinking a bamboo main shaft with a black locust foreshaft. Wth the string tied to the foreshaft, than leaving enough slack in the string before tying to the main shaft to allow the foreshaft to pop loose, taking strain off the boo shaft. I’ve been debating what to use for a head out of what I have on hand. I’ve got a copper sheet that I had used to get some copper corrosion for some verdegris. I’m thinking I could make my barbed points out of that. Think it will hold up well enough to be work the time using it? I could hunt around and find some bone, but the copper sheet is just laying in my room since I’d found a more efficient way of getting the copper corrosion.

Think it’ll work?

Thanks
Kyle

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Copper for fishing head?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:01:25 pm »
You could do a toggle head.(Google it) It's been used for eons to hunt marine mammals and I'd imagine big fist. You could use a deer leg bone to make the toggle point and attach it to the foreshaft. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC