Author Topic: Six Stingers  (Read 8411 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Six Stingers
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 10:35:07 am »
Bill gave a a couple of beautifully executed hill cane arrows from a bundle I gave him last year at the Classic. They are as beautiful and well made as any other hill cane arrows I've seen or have.  :OK
Thanks Bill.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 01:22:51 pm »
Glad you like them Pat and Mike.  Guy got the other two in the bunch theywere made of some honeysuckle shafts he gave me over a year ago.
BJ... in between all the life issues I'm going through right now. I'm finding time to relax an work on our trade arrow I owe ya.  If Kim is up to it, we should be at Elm Hall this year Thursday afternoon.  Should have your arrow or arrows ;) then.
Till next time
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 01:39:28 pm »
Bill really honestly don't worry about it at all. Just take care of Kim and spend as much time together as you can buddy. That's what really matters. You don't "owe" me anything.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 04:46:47 pm »
BJ ........making arrows really helps me to relax and keep my mind off other issues.  but I don't get as much time as I would like to do those kinda things lately.  I've been busy getting everything ready for me to quit working for a while. I need to support Kim as much as possible, and do the "retirement" things a little earlier than planned.  The best hunter always adapts and looks ahead to the situation and that's what I'm trying to do.  Taking everyday as it comes and making the best of it for her. She really deserves it, working as a hospital nurse for 35 years.

Thanks again everyone for the kind works...
Till next time
DBar

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 05:08:57 pm »
I hear you Bill. Amen brother.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 06:59:19 pm »
      Great work Bill...Excellent craftsmanship...Those should be easy to track in flight also...Like the stone points!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2018, 07:22:03 am »
I keep a diversity of different shoot shafts around too.All self nocked also.Pretty blame tough arrows also.Those are beautiful ones.The long tapered form of them fly very clean for me too.One thing that's always looked at when 3D shooting with my buddies or target shooting is watching arrow flight of each others' arrows.
I always have the spine and mass weight written on all my arrows.It always kind of intrigues the fellas who buy all their arrows made.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:25:35 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2018, 08:00:46 am »
Yep all my personal arrows have spine and weigh on them.  :OK
DBar

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2018, 01:01:24 pm »
Mine too.  I lost arrow at least a year agg at local archery complex. At their 3D shoot yesterday a fella walked up and handed me that arrow. Said he knew it was .ine from cresting and spine/weight written on it.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857