Author Topic: Re flip the tips or no?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Re flip the tips or no?
« on: March 19, 2018, 05:46:31 pm »
So my 66” Osage became a 64” to pick up speed and pounds, which it did nicely. 157-161fps when before it was 140s. Now though, I’m considering re bending the limbs. She had 3” of reflex that I heated in and now she has 0-1” of reflex. Part of me says “it shoots ok, leave it” the other part says “what if it can do better?”

Would reheating harm anything? It’s osage 64” ntn 55@27” flatbow kinda looks like a deflex/reflex but after heating it was just a reflex with a hit of deflex. Like half an inch.

Would I gain anything worth taking it back to the heat gun?
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline jeffp51

Re: Re flip the tips or no?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 05:58:51 pm »
only one way to find out.  Of course it is possible to fix something until it's broke. . .

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:49:37 pm »
Wellllll, guess we’ll find out. Bows cooling off on the caul now haha

Did find a tiny hair crack but I’ll just fill it with super glue.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:20:50 pm »
Held form nicely after about 50 shots and 30-50 draws to check tiller. On final sanding I found a few more little cracks and one going the wrong way but posted it in another thread. Don’t think it was from the 2nd heating

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 11:11:00 pm »
only one way to find out.  Of course it is possible to fix something until it's broke. . .

So many of my early bows, crying in the corner after this.   :'( :'( O:) O:)

If ya do it, don't overdo it, and only if it isn't taking lots of set to begin with.