Author Topic: a fallen brother of the woods, medicine deer  (Read 13832 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: a fallen brother of the woods, medicine deer
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 02:31:08 am »
thank you, and i will.
lets just shoot it

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 09:14:38 am »
ye the world will try and change ya. for the wrong not always for the right.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:27 am »
Nice skulls ya got there hunter, I also hope to take my first deer with selfbow this fall, but
the hunt is more important than the kill.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 11:36:51 am »
Yankee, thanks for sharing about your hair and honoring your grandfather in the old way... very few of the people remember that kind of honor any more...a/ho brother...a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 01:48:41 pm »
 :) :) :) This page renews my hope for the few that respect our planet.  I see hundreds of hunters each year and they make me ashamed for them.  I am fortunate to be able to spend time in the hills and just being in awe of the creatures.  As old as I am, I still spend a lot of time just gawking at nature and the in creditable circles of life.  I guess that is why hunting with a stick gives me the time to enjoy the real reason to hunt and that is to be one with nature.  Nothing like the chills you get when you feel it!!  Watcher
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 04:27:06 pm »
i agree watcher. porolly the most fun i ever had on a hunt was wen a pair of red foxes came out and started playing around in front of me. beutiful critters. stayed where i could see em for like a half hour, and in my opinion its stuff like that that is the real reason we hunt.
lets just shoot it

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 06:18:31 pm »
recurve and watcher exactly. not just makin a kill is everything. yes it goods to get a kill to "resupply" for winter but bein out there seeing and understanding the land, and enjoying it s what is truly great and enjoying the hunt.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 08:15:13 pm »
dam we are philisophical. and i dont know how to spell big words. :P
lets just shoot it

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 11:51:59 pm »
can be philosophical at times when it comes to huntin, an important subject of conversation.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 01:56:26 am »
yeah. i agree. i be proud of myself now. i can hit stuff now!!
lets just shoot it

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 12:32:07 am »
Huntertrapper theres nothing wrong with those skulls , As far as braids go it hangs down my back.And when I am outside with no hat I can pull it over the bald spot to keep from getting sun burnt. Hawkbow I spent most of my life in a job in the public eye , Hair had to be high and tight, I do understand
                               Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 01:12:14 pm »
 To respect nature and the earth is to respect life and self.Get too far away from nature,you lose yourself.stay close to the earth Huntertrapper,you look to be on a good path and I believe we are all happy to know you here.
I'm going hunting this year with my first self made, self bow.If our medicine is good,maybe we will see pictures here of each other.That would be a fine thing.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 06:51:01 pm »
yes that would be great. and thanks for understanding respect evryone.
Modern Day Tramp

Joe M

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 12:33:56 am »
It was a good hunt, huntertrapper.  Honorably done! :)

As Recurve Shooter mentioned earlier of giving up his rifle hunts, I too have done this.  For many seasons I've hunted with a flintlock and for the last several seasons the enjoyment seems to be missing?  

I don't know if it's from all the belly aching and arguing over the primitive muzzleloaders vs the modern muzzleloaders, but it's just not the same like it use to be.

However, when I bow hunt I get much more out of nature regardless if I make meat or not.  I love bow hunting, period.  I set no goals with bow in hand, I just go out and enjoy nature and if it's to be my day to make meat, I'm thankful.  If it's not, I'm still thankful for the day(s) spent in the field with my bow.  You did good!  

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 11:34:14 am »
Well said brothers.. In this modern world of hand raised " trophys" and gadgets the hunt seems to have fallen to the wayside. Integrity while in the field and respect for our animal brothers and sisters while in persuit of the hunt has become a lost art. I am proud to know my fellow Brothers and Sisters of the bow here at PA still hold true to the laws of the natural world and enter the hunt in a sacred manner with integrity and honor. Helping to ensure the future of our heritage as hunters and bowyers.Hawk a/ho     
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston