Author Topic: a fallen brother of the woods, medicine deer  (Read 13778 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Re: a fallen brother of the woods, medicine deer
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 08:03:44 pm »
i too i hunt with a flintlock. i still feel primitive when hunting with it. i mean a prototype of a flintlock was developed in 1600s. but i really enjoy being out there iwth one. but caring a modern bow or rifle wouldnt be the same. ever since i started my "quest" to get back to the way of my great granmothers people, the blackfoot tribe, i have always felt the need to carry a traditional weapon. i dont need to shoot a brother deer from over  hundred yards, it just aint the way to be done.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 12:28:38 am »
well said hunter. the art of hunting is about outwiting the animal. aproching close enough to make the kill. if you have the ability to kill anything within sight, all skill required to hunt is lost. the ability to blend and cope with nature is what the hunter strives to perfect. a range of 25 yards should be a stretch for a true hunter.  not 300.
lets just shoot it

Offline Postman

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 05:46:06 pm »
Great post hunter - I have two  boys ages , 3 and 5, if they grow up thinking, acting, (and even wearing their hair  ;D  ) like you, I'll  be a happy man.
Used to hunt / fish up in St. Mary's and Potter county. Where are ya at up there?
Postman
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 11:14:09 pm »
germania, between galeton, top of bean hill is our cabin
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2008, 12:10:27 am »
You have been really showing the other youth here at PA what a true hunter is all about, Respect, honor and integrity, something that seems to be falling to the wayside among others who call themselves hunters. Keep to the good road brother. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston