Author Topic: a fallen brother of the woods, medicine deer  (Read 13864 times)

Offline huntertrapper

a fallen brother of the woods, medicine deer
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:38:32 am »
a buck i shot with a compound, least i can say was i shot using instinct and fingers, the way my dad taught me, also i had a flinttipped wooden arrow in my quiver. ;D. the one i shot is the one with the stick figures and the other is an old skull my dad found in WV. the deer i shot i saw 3 times once in summer when he let me get within ten yards. then when i was carring a flintlock for the 3 day doe season, he let me get to within 5 yards! seriously, then i shot him the last time i saw him when i was carrying a wheel bow. this deer was on top of a desolate mountain in northern Pa and probably hadnt seen many people. i was wearing my medicine around my neck a bearclaw necklace with a buckskin medicine pouch tied to it. though i hope to post picturs of me with a deer shot with a stickbow this year. :) a little rough in my artists skills but my best way of honoring my brothers skull and horns. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: a fallen brother of the woods, medicine deer
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 12:46:14 am »
Aho ... brother, the honor you show while on the hunt is far more important than the weapon used.. you should never have to make excuses for any kill you make with honor... thanks for sharing. reminds me of myself when I was young ...you will surely be posting many pics of your selfbow harvests.. this year... Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:53:51 am »
wow, u make me feel bad. i think im gonna quit hunting with rifles.
lets just shoot it

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:58:56 am »
lol... i aint usin them anymore. maybe a flintlock here and there but mainly bows. thanks hawk... i truly respect these animals that i hunt.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 12:59:38 am »
Nice Skulls....and good to see you honor all Harvests.....You keep up the Practice  Young Long Hair....and you can garauntee that you will have a Buck to Post this Fall with a Self Bow.....make sure that you have the Buckskins and Braids by then!!  I still have my Braids on my Head....not on my Hat like some!!!!! And good luck at Camp this Summer

Mino Bimaadiziwin
                       Yankee
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 01:01:35 am »
yeah man, good luck, and its good to see that there are actually younguns keeping up the old ways.
lets just shoot it

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 01:05:23 am »
yankee hope to post a pic in buckskins and... braids... and good that ya still got yours  and thanks i hope Camp is cool:D :D yeah i like the old ways.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 01:09:54 am »
Yankee.. ouch bro that hurt.. ;)..  ;D ;D
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 01:11:44 am »
whats so bad about braids on a hat? :) ;D i know i wont be putin any on mine... ;)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 01:15:13 am »
lol, never been a fan of long hair. gets hung up when u dive through a fence when u are in a slight hurry to exit a property. ;)
lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 01:25:16 am »
I grew up on the Old Ways...My Grandfather Farm...which I grew up on....had no modern Machinery....all work was done with a team of Welsh Work Horses...and Horse Drawn Equipment...I was taught to work Wood at an early age...and to work a Forge...my Grandfather made Wrought Iron   for a side job....and taught me how to work wood into Bows and how to respect the Creatures that Mother Earth has supplied Us to Survive on...and I am glad to see that this is not dead in all of todays youth....back Home there are few Native Americans that can make more than a Tourist Bow...or Lance...they were never interested in learning what there was to be passed down....They just wanted to fit in....and because of this...it is a dieing Way of Life.....so let it live within You and pass it on...  Mino Ayaa Huntertrapper
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 01:26:32 am »
whats so bad about braids on a hat? :) ;D i know i wont be putin any on mine... ;)

Taint a thing wrong with Braids on a Hat....just like mine on my back!!! Mainly teasing Mike..... >:D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 01:29:16 am »
lol, never been a fan of long hair. gets hung up when u dive through a fence when u are in a slight hurry to exit a property. ;)

Got to limit that kind of Sight seeing now!!!! ::) ::) Cut my Hair once since I was 12....and burried it with my Grandmother ten year ago
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:18:20 am by yankeemongiat »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 02:09:36 am »
lol, i know. and thats cool. the only real sence of tradidion or respect for anything in my family is that alcohol is more important than anything els. somehow i didnt find that to enticeing, so i decided to start something new. respect the land, the animals, the air and the watters, for they are all god's creations. and most of all, a familly is worth more than the biggest diamond or chunk of gold on the plannet, and if you are so lucky as to have one, treat it like so, and dont lose it over something foolish.
lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 02:19:28 am »
Damn...someone has His Head On Straight....Now Just keep It There!!! Cause the Whole World will try to make you change!!
2024...We Will Overcome