Author Topic: Tschäggättä  (Read 4143 times)

Offline Jodocus

Tschäggättä
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:03:02 am »
Hi all

Täschäggätä are traditional carneval related characters from switzerland. The're mountain trolls, or winter demons.

I'm just making a couple of miniatures to get the style down, here's the latest.

Don't shoot!

Offline sleek

Re: Tschäggättä
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 10:39:21 am »
Love it. And ypur photography is on point!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 11:25:30 am »
Nice work! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Bootthrower

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 11:26:26 am »
That's pretty damn cool!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 12:39:21 pm »
Cool!   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 01:11:33 pm »
Yep, those are some well-composed photos. Eye catching characters too.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 03:02:09 pm »
Thank you. I had taken a first batch of bitctures earlier that day. It had been a dull grey all day long. Just before sunset, we got some of that special light when the sun shines in underneath the clouds. I remembered that the wall that mask hangs on is hit very flat by the evening sun, went out and took these photos, that have the light just fine.
Don't shoot!

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 07:27:37 pm »
HOLY CRAP!! ,,,,those things chase me in my sleep,,,,,when I eat that green hot pepper sauce at night,,,,,,they have a name??  Oooo I got chills,,,,,,real nice work though,,,,,sorry JeffW ,,,,,hey I did race bicycles in the Swiss alps in the '90s,,,,did they follow me home?,,,I mean really?,,,

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 10:33:43 pm »
Jeffhalfrack,
You was in the Swiss Mountains - they is mountain trolls, the green pepper chili may not be the best thing to eat -C- (=) >:D!  Jodocus may be able to give us insight on how to lactate them!  The little people, I know, these trolls are different!   O:)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 01:22:41 am »
Jeff, Tschäggätä ist the general name. These costumes are worn during february, scaring the people of the villages and travellers. Mostly not the time cyclist tour the alps, but better stay on the path when skiing. It's also said that in the old times, poor people from the shady side of the vallley wore them to go over to the sunny side and steal some food after theirs was all eaten.
Don't shoot!

Offline Zuma

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 08:27:15 pm »
Those are great Jodo. I always like seeing your art.
Thanks for sharing. :) :D ;)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 08:34:07 pm »
   DANG,,,,,,I. Wish I was kidding,,, :-[ ,,,, but I do like your work,,,,is there anything I can read to learn more?   ,,,,,I love that place,,,,,just the sound of those cow bells,,,,thanks JeffW

Offline ksnow

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 06:35:08 am »
Very nice work. I really like the old traditions being kept alive.

Kyle