Author Topic: bow building in iraq  (Read 9271 times)

stickchick

Re: bow building in iraq
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 03:00:16 am »
bowmunky is in the army...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 03:12:24 am »
  Stickchick, Glad to see you over here from PP. We'll take care of him and keep him occupied. My best friend is in charge of INTEL briefings over there. So We can get Addy's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 03:17:48 am »
cool. i like the airforce personally. but i respect anyone with the balls (or if your a girl, uh, what ever it is that girls are proud of haveing) to go over  there and do what yall do.
lets just shoot it

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 06:57:50 am »
I'm in ,and Thanks.Just keep us posted. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 08:41:27 am »
Same here sign me up :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Dane

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 08:15:47 pm »
Count me in too on this project. I'd be happy to provide sting making material, and some other stuff. I was 11 Bravo, bowmunky13, we always loved our docs.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Rich Saffold

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 09:20:26 pm »
Bowmonkey, Keep an eye on the Date palms as well, They have been used historically and are a favorite of mine. You will probably get a lot of wood from the foks here, but if you want to cut your own, there is probably some references which can find you what trees grow in bagdad or wherever you will be stationed.

Rich

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »
  there is Citrus and Olive trees there, I'm pretty sure.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 11:45:24 pm »
Well, looks like I got volunteered for some extracuricular activities here - OK, where's my boarding pass ;D. Naw - I appreciate what you and your cohorts are doing over there bowmunky, and can appreciate you holding down the fort while he's gone stickchick - it's a tough job!  I'd sure hate to see it all going down on our soil. I'd be pleased to send a care package to the desert if it's OK and actually would make it :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 12:52:27 am »
Just let us know what you need when you get over there - we'll take care of it.

And please stay safe - you got a great gal waiting for you back home.
Gordon

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 01:16:30 am »
hey guys this is bowmunky's wife...just wanted to say thanks for all the support on this subject. I was planning on getting him a stave with some money I have been saving from some of the napping that I do...(he showed me and we quickly found out that I am better at it..lol)....and then sending to Iraq after he gets deployed again...you know so he would have something to work on over there.  ;) I am not looking forward to having to say goodbye to him again but knowing that there is careing people out there helps alot. I have been enjoying Primitive archor since I first met bowmunky, and to be honest I was a little worried about joining the site....(didn't want to be the odd girl out) but he informed me that you guys wouldn't do that. But anyway I just wanted to say thanks for all the support on this topic. Should he get the okay once he gets over there I will post his address so you guys can send stuff if you would like to. God bless America and the troops who defend her.
You wont be needing any "money" to get some staves for your husband and his friends, not from this PA family. soon as the need and address posted, I am sure there will be plenty of materials shipped out. welcome to our family ;D

stickchick

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 02:10:11 am »
Thanks guys. It is really nice knowing that there are still some people out there that support what he does. Thanks to all you guys who remembered the wives left behind too....we are and always will be the "silent ranks." When he is over in Iraq I always make sure to send him PA,in fact I buy two copies just so I can read one too..lol. Anyway thanks so much guys this really means alot to him. And as for the Date Palms, he said he would keep and eye out for them and maybe even send one your way if he comes across one and has time to cut it down. Oh...and he was wondering if anyone had any Lemonwood..

Offline Gordon

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 03:28:24 am »
I got an extra lemonwood board. Just tell me where to send it.
Gordon

Ranger B

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 09:21:12 am »
BM what FOB are you on? 

Offline Mike_A

• Mike Ailstock Gatesville, TX
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 10:24:42 am »
Hey BM and Stickchick where ya'll stationed at? Fort Hood 1st Cav here. If he beats me over there I'll be more than happy to help him out. I know there were several people on this site that hooked me up while I was there. Have a good day. Mike
Proud member of PETA ( People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)