Author Topic: Who's from North Carolina?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Weylin

Who's from North Carolina?
« on: April 08, 2018, 11:03:08 pm »
Anyone here in North Carolina? (Besides Pat B and James Parker. I already know them  ;D) This Oregon boy is packing up and moving back to his roots in North Carolina. No more yew for me.  :'( I will be in Winston-Salem to start with, but I'm hoping we can find a nice place in the mountains at some point. I'd love to get connected with more people in the area who are into this stuff. I even started a facebook group called Carolina Bowyers to help connect people in the area.

Offline bubby

Re: Who's from North Carolina?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 11:19:03 pm »
Good luck with the move Weylin, I know I would love to get out of California
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:43:06 am »
You will be close enough to make it to the Classic.  Good luck with the move.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 09:41:39 am »
That's a big move!  Sounds like we'll be crossing paths in the future.  There will be lots of new people for you to meet from the region.

When's the move?
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 10:02:54 am »
Good for you and the family, Weylin. Hopefully we get the opportunity to cross paths now. Put Marshall, MI on your short list :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:03:31 pm »
Thanks for the well wishes. It is going to be a big move. I really love the bowyer community out here in Oregon, I hate to leave it behind. I also hate that I never was able to take an elk after all those years of chasing them. I'm looking forward to hunting white-tails again but there's nothing like chasing elk around. We will be heading out around the beginning of July. A lovely time to move to the southeast, I know.  (-S I definitely plan to make it to the Classic and hopefully Ojam and Marshall. They will be a big drive but hopefully doable. I'm also taking Swiftwood Bows full time once I get out there. Might as well go full crazy.   )P(

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 01:11:28 am »
Well, like the other Waylon said, "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"   Good luck with the move and the full time operation.  That is a big move!  No fun in being normal, everyone else tries to do that!  Except maybe primitive archers and mountain men/women!  Again Good luck, and drive safely!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 05:27:17 am »
Go East young man. Load up the covered wagon with yew and assorted tools and supplies make sure you leave a little room for the wife and kids. Gotta be a little scary with such a big change but you'll do great. I hope to meet you sometime also. Maybe at Marshall. Safe travels
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Weylin

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 06:21:28 pm »
Go East young man. Load up the covered wagon with yew and assorted tools and supplies make sure you leave a little room for the wife and kids. Gotta be a little scary with such a big change but you'll do great. I hope to meet you sometime also. Maybe at Marshall. Safe travels
Bjrogg

Thanks! Hope to cross paths with you as well.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 06:33:47 am »
Good luck on the move and full time bow venture, hope to meet you someday. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 01:30:27 pm »
I'm 20 minutes west of Winston-Salem, but unfortunately am not very involved with primitive archery anymore.  What little free time I have right now is spent trying to fish.  If you ever want to wet a line or anything just let me know, though.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline sleek

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 04:54:27 pm »
I live in north carolina when I can. On the coast in New Bern.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Weylin

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 05:19:37 pm »
Thanks, Pappy. I'm certain I'll make it out your way.

Good to know, Jonathan. Thanks for the fishing invite. I may well take you up on that. I love to fish but haven't done much for years now.

Cool i didn't know you were out that way, Sleek. Maybe we'll cross paths.

Offline sleek

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 07:08:39 pm »
Thanks, Pappy. I'm certain I'll make it out your way.

Good to know, Jonathan. Thanks for the fishing invite. I may well take you up on that. I love to fish but haven't done much for years now.

Cool i didn't know you were out that way, Sleek. Maybe we'll cross paths.

Lol, im out every way at any random time. Im always traveling. But, im trying hard to drop an achor in North Carolina. The wife likes it there, so i will do my best.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 09:46:02 pm »
I would love to get out of California

We have 2 spare bedrooms back in MO!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857