Author Topic: Who's from North Carolina?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline jeffp51

Re: Who's from North Carolina?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 01:02:12 am »
Weylin, do I understand correctly that you are looking to making bows full time and make a living from it?  How will you do that? A combination of making videos and bows, or do you have something else in mind?  I am curious, and I wish you the best of luck--but I am not sure I could have left Oregon--so beautiful there.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 12:15:58 pm »
Weylin, maybe you'll get a chance to chase a NC elk. Our herd is doing well and the state has already started issuing tags on a limited basis.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Weylin

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 03:57:44 pm »
Weylin, do I understand correctly that you are looking to making bows full time and make a living from it?  How will you do that? A combination of making videos and bows, or do you have something else in mind?  I am curious, and I wish you the best of luck--but I am not sure I could have left Oregon--so beautiful there.

Yes, that is the idea. I would like to expand and improve the youtube end of things to hopefully be a solid supplement with bow sales as a core. I am also planning to do some writing at some point as well. There are people out there doing it and making it work. Carson Brown, Ryan Gill, Clay Hayes etc. I think I can pull it off as well.

Weylin, maybe you'll get a chance to chase a NC elk. Our herd is doing well and the state has already started issuing tags on a limited basis.

That would be cool, Pat. I knew they had them in the Smokies. I wasn't sure if there was a season for them yet. I might give it a shot but I wont hold my breath to get a tag. Have you tried?

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 10:31:49 am »
well your work is amazing.  I am always in awe of your bows--you should find some way to keep the yew coming to you back east.  I really enjoy your videos too, so I will look forward to seeing more of them.  I am sure if anyone can do it, you can.  will you offer classes as well?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 12:56:34 pm »
Check out Tony Bennett and Lymann Clark on FB.
Two fantastic NC guys.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 04:50:52 pm »
well your work is amazing.  I am always in awe of your bows--you should find some way to keep the yew coming to you back east.  I really enjoy your videos too, so I will look forward to seeing more of them.  I am sure if anyone can do it, you can.  will you offer classes as well?

Thanks, Jeff. I hope to secure a source of yew as well. I do plan on offering classes. I'm working on building up my tool supply so I can get a handful of people working at the same time.

Thanks for the tip, Zuma

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 09:14:27 pm »
Get in touch with James Parker when you get home. He's been doing it for a long time.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Weylin

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 09:39:59 pm »
Get in touch with James Parker when you get home. He's been doing it for a long time.

I intend to. I sent him a message a while back but I don't know if his facebook business page is active.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 07:24:47 am »

It's hard to get James to return a call. I have his phone number if you want it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?