Author Topic: Post For Tim Baker ( Sinew)  (Read 54735 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Post For Tim Baker ( Sinew)
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2018, 08:57:18 pm »
I've never met Tim myself but My friend Gary did at the first Mo Jam.Many things he's written are spot on.In fact most,but with the good comes some bad too.
I'm with the rest can't understanding why someone would think he's above any authority.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2018, 12:52:58 pm »
I was a Moderator on Paleoplanet when he pitched his little temper tantrum and said he was leaving. Well the rule got changed for Tim and they created a new category to make him feel better and not leave. So, I left.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2018, 12:59:29 pm »
He said he was outta here on the 28th and showed back up on the 29th to snoop around. Must have missed you, Eddie.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PatM

« Reply #318 on: May 01, 2018, 01:13:06 pm »
   Ol' Ken told us a different story for his departure over there. ;)

I still remember Tim's PA article where he threw a glass backing on a hickory board bow and that was all justifiable.  His own personal rules were rather fluid.

Offline sleek

« Reply #319 on: May 01, 2018, 01:21:03 pm »
Well, regardless of all the drama, there is still a lot of good in this thread. Can we keep going with the effort of learning?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #320 on: May 01, 2018, 02:15:18 pm »
He said he was outta here on the 28th and showed back up on the 29th to snoop around. Must have missed you, Eddie.

Must have been a shock for him to find out he was banned
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2018, 07:15:13 am »
I thought I would clarify the above statement of his being banned, just in case.

Tim does have interesting ideas so if he changes his attitude and starts to respect this forum and the rules then I will suggest that we lift the ban.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline spencerarcher

« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2020, 02:48:04 am »

BowEd:

Yes, it's whale baleen. You win the 50 points, duly recorded. They're fully transferable and can be traded with other point holders or used to make purchases in the paleo economy,btc margin. Just kidding, but not a bad idea.

sleek:

" I have seen baleen used as backing, but does it work as a belly?

Yes.  As belly material it stand about half way between horn and bow wood itself. The Asiatic-style bow on page 87 of TBB-1 used baleen on the belly.

PatM:

The glue belly in the photo on the previous page was brushed on. Maybe ten coats. Three layers of TP/glue yields the same thickness, and much more uniformly. It's best to use cheap, thin, almost see-through versions, and to peel its two layers apart, each layer more air than fiber.

Sleek:

Knox Gelatin, and similar, is surprisingly high-quality glue, with a bloom or gel strength of about 300, just about the highest of any glue.
great post thanks