Author Topic: The Miracle of Birth and Nature  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Zuma

The Miracle of Birth and Nature
« on: April 22, 2018, 11:53:39 am »
I was preparing a big Red Drum skin on my back deck. I had dried them down south with scales on.
I found out you get a better skin by re- moving each scale one at a time, Each scale is encased in
a pocket of skin, each skin has a lot of scales. I'll get back to this in a minuet.
   While I was doing this task a couple deer caught my eye in the down back., Most time I just watch them browse , play or sometimes kick a rabbit. Very unusual behavior this time. One huge doe kept turning and looking,very spooked in a way.
I listened and watched for any kind of human or dog activity. There was none and the yearlings and smaller deer seemed unconcerned. I was thinking I think she wants to drop a baby. Later the other deer were gone and she was alone still acting spooked. Today I saw the yearlings alone no mama to be found. And it seemed like they were looking for her. It may very well be the doe that raised the twins down there last year.
  I put some pictures of the skins and scales. We are all aware about DNA and how is is sorta what gives the cells in life instructions on how to build it's parts. Well just preparing these skins gave me some real mind blowing insight into how amazing life really is. Doing just a little math I thought-- How many eggs were laid to just have this one fish survive?-- How many negative factors did this fish endure to reach 3' in length? How did nature keep it's skin and scales intact let alone allow them to grow in such a precise manner. Forget about all the organs and bones. I won't forget, well on purpose LOL. It's spring and my seedlings should be sprouting, so I can eat some spinach, tomatoes , peppers, and onions with those deer and fish.
Post some of your Nature observations. I know you all have lots of them.
Oh btw try calculating how lucky you were to be born and survive. That really blows my mind. >:D

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 07:07:32 pm by Zuma »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: The Miracle of Birth and Nature
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 03:42:34 pm »
One of the things I love most about being a farmer Zuma. I'm surrounded by miracles all the time. One time on my birthday I gave my mom a rose and thanked both her and dad for giving me a birthday and the miracle of life. I can't imagine being a farmer and not believing in miracles. At least not a very good farmer.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:10:41 pm »
You got that right BJ.
Don the stream is still full of trout just waiting for you.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 08:42:15 pm »
Being a farmer gives a person a different insight to things around them but growing things while watching them grow and the people who like that share the same view points most times.It also gives them an understanding of death too seeing that happen many times and that nothing will biologically live forever and accepting that.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 06:34:37 am »
A pair of buzzard eggs in the loft of an old barn. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:01:25 am »
I  know what you  guys are saying , having worked on a farm as a teen. Delivering calves etc.
Mostly just hard work lol. Cool photo Clint. Keep us posted.
Zuma
Oh a couple about ready for flight. Mom just fed them
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 06:40:16 pm »
I was going to start a thread entitled "Perseverance," but I just read this post and cause you said to post pics of any miracles of life I decided the photo and my thought about it belongs here.

Thanks for starting this one Zoom. Those skins are gonna look nice ;)

Next time I feel like giving up on something I'm going to remember this plant...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:43:24 pm by upstatenybowyer »
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb