Author Topic: Is there too much twist in this?  (Read 3313 times)

Yellarwoodfellar

Re: Is there too much twist in this?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 07:54:15 pm »
I think I'm just a few scrapes away from getting that bottom limb around I hope I can smooth it out by 27 inchesish

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 07:06:25 am »
The angle of the picture isn't the greatest. its better to have camera more square to bow. harder to judge bend this way but to me it looks like your a bit stiff mid and outer limb. that right limb coming out of fade looks dangerously close to a hinge if it isn't already. if I'm seeing it right Id put a X there and NOT  remove wood there.
bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 07:22:39 pm »
The angle of the picture isn't the greatest. its better to have camera more square to bow. harder to judge bend this way but to me it looks like your a bit stiff mid and outer limb. that right limb coming out of fade looks dangerously close to a hinge if it isn't already. if I'm seeing it right Id put a X there and NOT  remove wood there.
bjrogg

BIG+1
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Yellarwoodfellar

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 07:45:19 pm »
My porch wasn't wide enough to get a straight on shot. I will move my tillerin post this weekend and show more pics. It does look like a hinge but there's a flat spot in that right limb between the bends. I think the stick is still a little green. It's 1.5 inches wide by 5/8 deep. Should be closer to 100 pounds not 60 so I'm gonna let it sit a while and try again. I had to heat up the limbs to get it back to straight. It took two inches of set on that post. Its been a bow blank for a month now. I would've thought for sure that it was ready. But I've been wrong before........a bunch. Never stopped me from doing what I do though 😋