Author Topic: Shooting machine problems  (Read 3891 times)

Offline DC

Re: Shooting machine problems
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 12:22:30 pm »
... now it's as direct a copy of Del's as I can tell from pictures except it's bench mounted like Jan's...Copying someone else's work gets you going right but always feels like cheating. :D
Yeah, but I was copying someone else's .. but I just call it "research"  ;)
Del

Del, if you see this would you mind posting a picture or two of your bow saddle? I'm having a bit of trouble getting different bows to sit nicely. Just wondering how you did it.

Offline JNystrom

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2018, 02:14:09 am »
Nice shooting machine DC! Maybe I will borrow some tips of your machine, and make my own...

I have a caldwell chrono too and I'm kinda satisfied with it. The phone app is nice, because you can get lot of data with it and fast. It has some bugs with disconnecting cable though..
At first the chrono only displayed errors, so I had to send it for repairs. Now I got a new one and it works nicely. Last time I got some errors, but like you said, it depends a lot on how straight you shoot through.

Offline DC

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 10:11:04 am »
Strange thing. I put masking tape over the holes to keep dust off the lenses. Yesterday I was using it and took 3 shots which registered fine and then I started getting ERR3. I noticed that the tape was still on. Took it off and it works great. What I don't understand is how it worked for 3 shots with the tape over the holes. I do have bright lights, 100watts about 2' from the unit, but still---