Author Topic: Heart Broke or just really Sad  (Read 3783 times)

Offline Zuma

Re: Heart Broke or just really Sad
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 12:02:36 pm »
Good ideas Keith Thanks.

Tell me more about catnip Sleek.

Eddie, the prime suspect cat, is the one that was more like a dog.
He never came around to much, except when he thought the bear was after him.
Although I suspect his behavior to be related to the fact that neighbor #1 got a
new puppy dog and spends all his time with it and the cat is jealous.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 12:58:18 pm »
Cats love catnip. Its a drug to them. So, where the catmip is, so would br the cats. I had a neighbor who hated cats, and by the way she treated her beagle pup, hated dogs too. We had easy 50 cats or so that roamed the trailer park i lived in. So, the plan was to plant catnip on tje edge of her lawn where it never was mowed. All the neighborhiid cats would be high as hell actin weird around her place and make it smell so bad if cat pee she would have to move.

But, as luck would have it, her fellon jail bird boyfriend came over to pick a fight with me, then they got evicted.  I hated those people. I almost stole their dog and named it Shiloh, it was treated so bad. I hope he is ok...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 01:02:10 pm »
It sounds counter productive, but if you plant the stuff around the bird boxes they may get so high off of it, they loose interest in the birds. Look up cats on catnip, you will find sime fun videos.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Strichev

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 03:24:47 pm »
I must say that not all cats like catnip. Our cat is completely unaffected by it. Generally I don't object our cat hunting; the house is pretty much on the forest's edge and the voles cause problems in the garden.

One can't just blame the animal for doing what it does.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 10:05:06 am »
I must say that not all cats like catnip. Our cat is completely unaffected by it. Generally I don't object our cat hunting; the house is pretty much on the forest's edge and the voles cause problems in the garden.

One can't just blame the animal for doing what it does.

Voles and other rodents fine, if they are killed on the owners property. Baby rabbits, snakes, turkeys, song birds, squirrels etc. which are natural creatures NO. House cats are an introduced un-natural killer. If folks own them they should take responsibility  for them. And actually voles and other rodents play an import role in nature too.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline archeryrob

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 10:23:12 am »
Unless you saw it, I would not assign blame so fast. I had a dove nest in my yard twice this spring and crows have shredded it both times. I have crows and raven's in my local area and see them both flying with eggs in their mouths a lot.

Cats would kill the birds and not sure I've ever seen one go after eggs. Sparrow hawks are all over too and kill more birds than any cats do.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

Offline Zuma

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 05:55:46 pm »
OK maybe I am an anti bad-cat guy. Case in point (my first photo shows
Shiloh fur on the roof of the birdhouse) There was a bigger wad of it
before I put the puzzle together. I did see more than once the cat stalking
the rabbits. Every year I see nesting Turkey. This year Zero. I have no control
over wild critters. I just have to build better defenses for the wonderful birds
that make my home theirs. The point is--- if the neighbor's cats are on my property
the neighbors need counseling. I don't dislike the cats -- I dislike what they do on
my property including taking a dump in the soft earth of my garden.
Zuma