Author Topic: Heart Broke or just really Sad  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Zuma

Heart Broke or just really Sad
« on: May 21, 2018, 06:30:53 pm »
Here is the deal. I noticed yesterday a pair of Tree Swallows were
taking over the bird house closest to my home. Sorta unusual.
They like space. Anyway I started to take notice of  several other boxes.
There was no activity. I watched the boxes as they were being used by
a pair of Swallows and a pair of Blue Birds. I did not want to disturb the nests.
All the next day I checked for parents at the boxes. None. One of my neighbors has
a cat fetish. The other neighbor has only one but just got a new puppy. Silo their
cat's fur was on one of the Swallow boxes no evidence on the Blue Bird box.
Not a snake as the eggs are still there. I'm pissed but really like my neighbors.
HELP
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Heart Broke or just really Sad
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 06:50:11 pm »
Zuma, SSS

Offline ksnow

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 08:57:54 pm »
That's the biggest reason i detest loose or feral cats. Indiscriminate killers. I cant't dispute that they keep mouse and rat populations down. But when they are pets and/or people feed them, they become murderers for fun. Where I live cats are subject to the same laws as dogs, which no one seems to take to heart.

Kyle

Offline Mounter

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 10:06:13 pm »
I have felt your pain...   S .S ..S............
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:31:22 pm by Mounter »

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:29:57 am »
SSS  :OK
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 03:47:49 am »
I would have to see if they really have 9 lives, I think not but that would be his only way out of cat Heaven . I like cats OK if they stay home. >:(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 06:46:26 am »
I like Cats but.....just to let you know a sub-sonic .22 doesn't make much noise  :-M
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Zuma

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 07:06:04 am »
Thanks folks,
The sheriff's department said I could trap them and take them to the animal shelter.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 07:40:32 am »
Maybe you could dig a moat around their castle Zuma. When I moved in here 24 years ago. My good neighbor proudly told me she had over 70 cats. I'm really more of a dog person myself. Between disease, coyotes and an occasional non target trapping incident their numbers declined. They still go in cycles though. I feel your frustration. Really like my neighbors, just wish she'd be happy with a couple well taken care of cats.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Zuma

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 01:37:41 pm »
Maybe I could hook up an electric fence BJ.

A little cat story from last year.
I live on a corner. I have a neighbor straight across the street. They have one cat that acts more like a dog.
The neighbor to the right of my house across the side street has several. It seems the more they loose the more they get. I built #1 neighbor a tree deck out over the river. They like to go there,,read books and take in the wild life.which is plentiful. One of neighbor #2 's cats liked to hang out with 1's cat. Silo #1's cat follows his masters
every where. And so Silver #2's cat always tagged along. One day they all were at the river when a barrage of bullets came sweeping in real close and killed Silver. I did not find out about this until the next day when neighbor #1's wife told me the story. They skedaddled out of the river area back up to their house where neighbor #3 said he would go back down and recover the cat's body with #1. I said "what did the police say" She said they were afraid to call because it could lead to retaliation or such. Poof! I could not believe this. Fortunately I have a friend that lives in what I deduced was where the bullets came from. I called him at his business and he said he knew exactly who it was,left his business immediately and confronted the dad of the kid that did the shooting. Story was that they were shooting into a dirt pile when the kid's friend took his first turn and the recoil must have lifted the bore of the AK so the bullets went above the dirt pile and across the river through the trees a quarter mile and killed poor Silver. They had no idea. My friend got a solid promise that the son would never shoot another round any where near that place again. So far so good.
Zuma

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 08:55:43 pm »
Yup youth is sometimes wasted on the youth. Hope his dad keeps an eye on him.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hummingbird Point

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:00 pm »
Pound a piece of rebar in the ground so about a foot sticks up.  Slip a 6 ft. long piece of pvc pipe over that, and mount the birdhouse to the pvc pole.  Even the black snakes will have a hard time climbing that pole.

Let the cats be.  Messing with them will cause you more trouble than it's worth.

Heard no House Mountain this year.  let me know of any alternatives you hear of.

Keith

Offline Hummingbird Point

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 02:28:33 pm »
Oops, meant 5 feet on the pvc, as in two poles from one 10 foot piece.

Offline sleek

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 03:43:04 pm »
When i have vat problems and people problems together, i like to sew catnip in the ditch by their yard.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 08:09:23 pm »
I've got two, but they act more like dogs. When they go out one hangs out in the yard and fights every other cat that comes in her territory. The other one goes out till she is hot and goes inside to the AC until someone goes outside and she will follow you around like a dog and catch every lizard she sees. And they know not to mess with any of the birds that live in the yard.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?