Author Topic: yall have got me determined.  (Read 13680 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: yall have got me determined.
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 01:15:36 am »
Cheapshot, I don't use an oven but I have heard of folks doing so. I either hold over the flame, rotating and moving back and forth, until it heats up well and becomes plasticized then lay it on a flat surface until it cools completely or lay them under my wood stove for a while. On hardwood shoots I hold them over a flame until it scorches then move on to another area. This also gives a nice camo pattern to the arrows.    Pat

ps. the arrow shafts below are the ones that went with the Southern Community Bow Set. There are 3 different hardwoods and you can see the scorching on 3 of them.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 08:21:29 am »
OK Pat, gotcha now - wil giver a try :).
 Kenneth, I am now removing foot from mouth ;D. I don't know where I dreamed up Lil bucky, I was thinking about Elkie :).

Paul you been hittin the shine again  :D Pat had Lil Bucky also his cardboard cut out deer decoy.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 11:33:28 am »
Ahha! I knew I didn't just dream that up ;D. I thought maybe I was getting it from the little buckskin I used to ride all the time when I was younger - boy we had some adventures. He wasn't too impressed when I slung the dead rattlesnake over the back of the saddle that time though :D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.