Author Topic: He Man Hinge Hater Club (HMHHC) - Who's with me?  (Read 10392 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: He Man Hinge Hater Club (HMHHC) - Who's with me?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 03:01:02 am »
here is what a Hinged Bow looks like...and they sent it to me....and wanted Me to fix it!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 07:23:04 am »
I agree....You are crazy.  I can't see any hinge. I even rotated the pic. 180 by standing on my head.  I can only hope to make the VM  you sent me into such a fine bow.
Traverse City, MI

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 08:07:13 am »
Dead and left for scrap ? ??? ??? ???

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 09:34:54 am »
 ???  ???  ??? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Whatever's causing your handshock, it ain't a hinge, because there ain't one that I can see. Now YankeeTejas, he's definitely getting his hinge on.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 11:30:54 am »
Looks good to me,Now the other one that yankee posted ,that's more like it.
There is a big difference in a hindge and one that ant bending just prefect.Most
all wood bows don't.  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

330bull

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 12:02:22 pm »
Guys:

The boot jokes are crackin' me up.    :D   Yes I believe I bought them @ GI Joe's for like $25, and I probably got ripped off.

I hate to tell everyone this, but it really did have a hinge and like I stated, once i inspected the limb more closely it was obvious.  And yes I know I'm being more critical because every time I string up my 70# John Strunk bow and shoot it, it has zero handshock and is perfectly tillered.  I'm just infatuated with never settling for less.

Having said all of that, remember that I said it HAD a hinge?...   :'(  I regret to inform the people of Primitive Archer.com that I absolutely torched this bow when I chased that low spot out of the bow.

Maybe this is a clear sign that I'm seriously OCD, or just an impatient fool?  I don't know.  But...next time I think I have a hinge I promise to post pictures before I go insane and go on a snipe hunt.  Especially when I have 25+ hours into it.

Joe

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 12:20:55 pm »
Joe, For your next lesson in wood bow making, we will try to teach you patience.  ;D That is one of the most important lessens you will ever learn.   Also, if you save your "mistakes" they are very valuable tools also to remind you of what not to do. You have heard us talk about "the corner of shame". well, most of us have one and I for one have dug deep into mine from time to time and resurrected some fine bows...after a little thought and a bit more work. ;)
   I still have my first osage bow I "built" almost 20 years ago. It was overdrawn and blew big time but I have studied that break many times to see just why and how it broke.    If nothing else, save your boo boos to make a bow for a kid in your neighborhood. He(or she) will remember it for years to come.        Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gordon

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 12:35:47 pm »
That was a nice tiller Joe. Too bad you torched the bow.  ???
Gordon

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 01:03:39 pm »
Vine maple dont throw much Heat Joe....you want Me to send you that Hickory Bow!!!!!!!!    ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline adb

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 01:18:30 pm »
I don't know, looks pretty darn good to me!!

Rich Saffold

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 04:05:06 pm »
It must be April 1st somewhere ;).. Wait to you really have one let  go...then you can barf with our approval... 8)

Rich

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 07:56:09 pm »
I'm sure Mr Strunk didn't hit home runs on his first bow when he fist started. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline BryanB

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 08:58:22 pm »
It looked good to me.
We can't see how wide the tips were, but narrowing the tips probably would have helped with the hand shock.
Bryan

jeduffey

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 12:56:41 am »
I think you could have salvaged some of your work by installing the longbow to altatl conversion kit.  Online images lie anyway, so if you saw a hinge it was there. Did you at least heat up some coffee or shim a table leg with the left overs?