Author Topic: Thank you for this site!  (Read 99 times)

Online Eric Krewson

Thank you for this site!
« on: August 04, 2020, 04:07:17 pm »
I have been spending some time at the Facebook Selfbow page, offering advise, sending out a few free gizmos and such.

A guy posted a bow he had for sale that was badly hinged in the fades and dead straight to the tips. I commented on the site that he he wasn't much of a bowyer, someone had pasted his bow sale from another site, they were as shocked as I was, it wasn't on Facebook. I said would send a gizmo to him if anyone knew him. The bad thing was he had 28 sales listed on his order page, I don't condone this type of behavior, selling a bow like that to someone who doesn't know a bow from a football bat and for $300 no less.

Anyway, this jerk lit into me (not the bowyer) with most profanity laced vulgar nonsense about how I didn't know anything, I gave him my bow making credentials which seemed to make him even madder. Before long a bunch of similar minded stooges jumped into the fray and lit into me.

I asked the admins to take me off the page so I wouldn't get notices of any future posts from these classless halfwits.

I am so glad the PA site exists, honorable men and some of the best bowyers on the planet who respond with consideration for others, thank you guys!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:06:29 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline JEB

Re: Thank you for this site!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 04:23:01 pm »
For the most part this site is filled with honorable folks. There is one guy that posts constantly that really screwed me on a deal, like new feather grinder for knapping rock. I hope one day he get some conscience and makes the trade right but I doubt it.  He is the reason I won't get in on any type of stone point trades and Christmas swaps. And I did report him.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 05:08:09 pm »
Makes me glad I deleted facebook a few years ago
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 05:36:13 pm »
I'm too dumb for a smart phone and way too ugly for facebook...
This place, and one other, suits me just fine.  ;)

Offline sleek

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:08:34 pm »
I saw that post. It was a rough looking bow. All his bows are. Heck, just last month I was selling my bows for 300. I dont know how he has sold so many, id like to know his marketing strategy. 
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others