Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 106953 times)

Offline GlisGlis

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2020, 09:09:22 am »
Hollywood fake chit.

Canadian show actually  (lol) (lol) (lol)

One thing I like in Alone show is that the participants that make the boldest statements are usually the one to leave first

Offline JEB

« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2020, 12:01:00 pm »
Interesting to watch last night. Sorry to see the former Marine tap out but during the after show he explained how serious his injury was and it was pretty bad. He was a self bow maker by trade. When they interviewed him he had many staves in his work shop.

He seemed to have it together with his shelter building and fish catching. The blonde female may be in trouble as she has yet to build a good shelter after 10 days into this.

Offline DC

« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2020, 01:41:48 pm »
Don't count her out yet. Through the whole Alone series I have been very impressed with how tough the girls are. That said as soon as any of them start talking about missing their family they are doomed :)

Offline HH~

« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2020, 02:06:08 pm »
Going without food was normal for man. You dont need to have food for several days at all. Zero , none. You can function at beey high levels. If youve never done it, try it. Make you shoot straight.
 My fathers buddy was on Batan in WWII. He lived near us. He made the march and survived prison camp on next to no food for months on end. Tough guys would die when they gave in to dispair.
Seems strange  but LTC Nick Rowe   Was killed in the PI many years later. Guy who made surviving a school for USA Operators and fliers.

Its Holeywood in Other words its bullchit. If all you have to do survive all day with modern equipment, clothing, foothear, weapons, etc, etc if you cant do it it may strengthen mans gene pool. Lord knows last 260 yrs has weakened it tremendously.

Hedge~

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline JEB

« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2020, 06:06:57 pm »
HH:  the cure is, don't watch it.

DC: I saw her bio and she seems like a tough nut. We shall see.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2020, 06:27:19 pm »
What is fake about it?  Have you even watched it?  If not, that's a strong opinion for being ignorant of what actually happens on the show. 

Any time there is trad/primitive bows and hunting on a major network TV show that is a good thing in my opinion.   What other show has someone taking game with a selfbow?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline HH~

« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2020, 07:09:26 pm »
It fake cuz its fake. WTH??

You wanna something real it aint a holeywood production.

Heres something real. The first American Female Soljah just finished Robin Sage in NC. She will soon be the first female SF Operator.

No cameras, no bows, just a heavier ruckthan you’ve ever humped , wpns, equip under duress 22hrs a day for a month.

Purty freakin real but not on the boob tube.

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline JEB

« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2020, 05:27:08 am »
Again HH: The cure for you is. Don't watch it.

Offline HH~

« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2020, 05:39:55 am »
Thanks Doc. I took the Red pill.

SERE School tends to clear your mind of what's real in the world and what's fantasy-land.

Not saying dont watch it, Just noting its bullchit. There's something for everyone's mind in Holeywood.

HH~

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2020, 06:02:13 am »
Didn’t see your buddy yet Clint.

I like the alone series. I always thought it was pretty interesting in the past that they could tap out at anytime to end their adventure. It was interesting them not knowing how many people were left. Could be 9 others, could be one other who was just about ready to hang it up.

I’m not sure how the 100 day challenge will compare. On one hand no one has ever lasted that long yet. On the other hand it seems like it makes a more defined time line. It seems like the well constructed shelter might be a more worthwhile use of calories. I like the rock house.

I’m pretty sure if I tried this, I would be spending a lot of time making tools and other things to make life easier.

In the past I have been very surprised how many people just couldn’t handle the being alone part. Many seemed like they wanted to prove to themselves that they could do something. Once they proved that to themselves they lost the desire to continue the adventure. With the 100 day challenge it would seem the personal goals would be more likely replaced by the 100 day goal. Of course 100 days could be a worthy challenge. There have been several pulled from the show in the past after the medical team felt they were no longer safe to continue. I think the 100 days might get the come in with 70 extra lbs. of body fat. Conserve calories and hold out as long as you can people out. I’m thinking that won’t work for 100 days. More calories spent making life easier might be the long term strategy.

Of course I could be wrong. I think I have picked the wrong winner every time but one. As far as these type adventures . Alone is the only one I really have any interest in watching. In fact I really look forward to seeing the next episode.

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 06:09:25 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2020, 06:36:17 am »
BJ: I took Clint's advice and watch the last episode. Enjoyed it. I would think Clint's buddy will be on next episode as they highlight 4 at a time. Looking forward to the next showing.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2020, 07:25:16 am »
I like it.  It's one of the most real "reality" show on TV.  That said it's for sure the producers will be taking some precautions.  Having someone die on the show wouldn't be good. 
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2020, 08:13:48 am »
I'm still looking forward to seeing how Keith does.I think it would be great if he wins. With a million dollars on the line I'm wondering what the producers have in mind if they have more then one finishing a 100 days?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DC

« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2020, 08:56:37 am »
Does anyone know how the 100 days works? I looked but I can't seem to find stuff on webpages anymore. What if 4 people make the hundred? Do they get a million each? If nobody gets to the hundred(which I think is most likely) does the best still get the 500k?

Offline HH~

« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2020, 02:24:57 pm »
Just stay out there no matter what. Dont let em pull ya . Let it go viral and get a good Law dog!

I bet they signed more contractual paperwork than elective surgery!

Oh, it real cuz they paying a bounty. I see now.

Hedge~