Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 106763 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2020, 07:43:29 am »
Me to!

Lotsa $ pimps on the boob tube. Which one?

HH~
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:56:42 am by HedgeHunter »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2020, 07:50:47 am »
I must have missed something, which Keith is going to be on the show?

Keith Syers.  He used to be on here with the user name Wildman.   He's at the Classic every year and usually sets up as a vendor.  He's a good guy and I hope he does well. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2020, 07:52:05 am »
Keith Syers, aka, Wildman on PA. Keith and his wife also have some good videos on YouTube under Ramshackle videos.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:15:44 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2020, 11:06:04 am »
It ain’t the Batam death march, but it isn’t like any of the other so called survival shows. Don’t get me wrong. I have total respect for those prisoners that survived and also those that didn’t. I’m not putting any of the contestants on Alone on some pedestal with those prisoners. I’m just saying it’s a very interesting adventure. It’s worth the time spent watching it which is more than I can say for most of the TV shows. The contestants do the filming. The producers do the editing of course, but it doesn’t have the drama and cat fights that so much of “reality tv” seems to think is entertaining. I like the Bush crafts. The different styles of trying to gather food. The one thing I think might make the 100 day challenge a improvement over the last to tap. I think everyone that’s seriously thinking about going to the end, isn’t going to make it sitting on their a$$ conserving energy. I’m looking forward to seeing some really nice shelters and some good Bush crafts. 100 days is going to be a worthy challenge. Anyone who makes it that long might just end up staying there and calling it home.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2020, 01:29:36 pm »
Keith aka Wildman here on PA.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2020, 03:07:10 pm »
Ya Keith is a very good guy, got one of his home made hawks hanging in the cabin and he gave me some very nice liquid stuff last year, said it was for madisamal purpose only and he was responsible it I didn’t follow directions .😀 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2020, 04:57:38 pm »
Need to sign up  J. Parker. He do 100 days doing Cheetah Flips.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2020, 06:07:54 pm »

[qu
ote]Need to sign up J. Parker He do 100 days doing Cheetah flips[/quote]

X2

Offline JEB

« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2020, 06:26:55 am »
Being young, single and a veteran would be three key elements to being on this show and succeeding.  I can see where contestants with kids or a spouse would have loneliness problems.
I would have love to give this a shot in 1969 after I got home.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2020, 07:25:26 am »
A lot of vets participated on this show over the years.  I don't think one of them made it to the end
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JEB

« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2020, 08:19:51 am »
Being a veteran was one of my elements. I think young and single with no spouse and children would also be essential.  If you are married and have kids then that will play mind games with you after awhile.

I know I would have given it a go in 69/70 when I got home.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2020, 09:04:37 am »
Being a farmer I spend endless hours alone in a tractor. Some people just hate it. I don’t mind it at all. I feel much more comfortable by myself than with lots of people. I’ve always said to do this job you have to be able to get along with yourself. I do have a fantastic wife and kids who put up with me being at work so much. I’m sure I would miss them a lot, but I don’t know how much. I have often been surprised how many tapped out because of the being alone. The endless hours of soul searching. The need to have someone to communicate with. Reminds me of the movie castaway and “Willson” . My wife thinks that is so stupid. I think I could see her talking to a volleyball before me.lol

I guess until you experience it, you really don’t know. I do know the older I get, the more I realize. The one thing that is the most valuable and probably most overlooked is time. We only get so much of it. Some get more than others. Some hold it with great value. Some just want to end it.

I do value it more each day.

Bjrogg

PS I can see how after a person proved everything to themselves they wanted to, it might be really hard to continue the challenge.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2020, 11:27:05 am »
I can see how after a person proved everything to themselves they wanted to, it might be really hard to continue the challenge.

right.
but if you play that game you should know that the ultimate thing to prove is you can win and resist till the end. (or at least as much as possible)
Setting your own less ambitious targets is a little too convenient

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2020, 12:57:01 pm »
I just watched last weeks episode.  That guy was off to a great start before he messed his knee up.  An injury would be a rough way to tap out.  Knowing you were doing good and ready for the long haul and having it all taken away because you stepped in a small hole while carrying a log.  I remember that girl that got the fish hook stuck in her hand a few seasons ago.  She tried her best to get it out.  I noticed now the rules say no barbed hooks.  I wonder if that is the reason why.  The hook in her hand had a barb on it and it was pretty deep.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DC

« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2020, 03:55:12 pm »
Barbless hook laws are getting pretty common up here. Barbless single hooks. If you buy a Deadly Dick you have to take the treble hook off and replace it with a single barbless.