Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 106235 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: Alone again.
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2020, 07:15:10 am »
Watched last nite. Pappy got me into it.

Barring injury theres no question who will win. Fuel, field skills and being ati year Yuker (winter over in AK).

Show is like i imagined: highly produced, big budget, with ships, UAVs, RFDI track tags ( Sat based). So its basically entertainment like survivor without deceit, lies, distortion and the failings of the human condition.

Dugouts were and are great shelters. We used em, 1800’s line riders lived all winter in them. Still early up there. No ice on lake, dont need snowshoes yet. Prolly early october. Saw A minus 30 down bag, in 17 degree weather youd sweat out in that.

You can see most these folks except one can not separate the fact they volunteered for survival  .  Cant keep the will to live in their frontal lobe . Dwelling on what left, what they did to themselves. Some over come this some curl up and die.

Read the book about the The Ship Endurance trapped in Antarctic ice in 1914-17. How the men made it after such a time. Prolly the greatest feats or survival in human history.

When you have that comfy blanket of a sat phone to call for help then it's for sure you are not going to go all in, the lure of a big payday is only going to take you so far
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2020, 08:35:19 am »
Watched last nite. Pappy got me into it.

Barring injury theres no question who will win. Fuel, field skills and being ati year Yuker (winter over in AK).

Rien ne va plus.  Too late to place your bet  (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Offline HH~

« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2020, 08:35:41 am »
Carried a Sat ph in Afg my second to last deployment. Dont help much when yer blowed up or batteries go dead.
I learned long ago hunting men in the jungle. Never trust anything that takes a battery or goes to sleep. Trip wired claymores and trip flares do neither.

Also, a very good plan usually never survives first enemy contact. Which here is Shelter, water, food, fire.

There is no second place in Survival! You just do or dont.

H

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2020, 07:08:46 pm »
What Marc said. Nothing like life or death situation to really motivate you.

I think Roland is doing really well. He’s done a lot of things to help himself get that way and also had a bit of luck. If he doesn’t have bad luck he might just make it. The way he’s going now you might not get him to leave.

It can all change in a blink of an eye. Someone else can get lucky to. Wouldn’t count anyone out yet. Some are going to need a lot of luck though.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2020, 02:57:50 am »
the box food cache looks pretty sturdy (enough for a wolverine )
Bears are going to hibernate.
if he can defend the food for a few days he should be ok

Offline DC

« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2020, 09:01:44 am »
I was impressed with the food box. He seemed to solve all the problems. Too many steps for an animal to solve---maybe. They can be persistent. Roland seems to have upper hand. Even if the others manage to get some big game now most of them are too weak to preserve/protect it. Hearing a lot of home/family talk, that's not good.

Offline HH~

« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2020, 08:26:23 am »
Guys a Yuker. A multi year AK winter over man.

If you watched close on the upcoming Interviews at end of last show he raises both fists into air.
That’s the international and Human sign for victory going back to mans Early days of walking upright.

Look at scene from 2001 Space Oddessy! Where upright monkees kill the knuckle draggers with large femora bones. Best scene of movie. The rest is early special effects BS.

I have seen large muscled healthy men loose 65lbs in 65 days and sinewy low BMI men lose 10-15lbs under same duress and conditions. Large big folks with High BMIs always suffer from large weight losses rapidly. Seen it over and over, many times, as a US Army Ranger Instructor

H’
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:50:31 am by HedgeHunter »

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline JEB

« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »
can someone recap last night for me

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2020, 04:18:51 pm »
can someone recap last night for me

I can't yet.  I'm in Tennessee
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2020, 07:08:07 am »
Two guys left, the bunny ladies are still hanging tough.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2020, 07:49:10 pm »
Honestly I think many of these guys just lose it once they get in front of the camera.  Wayyyyyyy too much farting around and acting up rather than getting down to the business at hand of surviving
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JEB

« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2020, 07:28:35 am »
viewers pretty tight lipped this week on the show.???? I can't find a re-cap anywhere on the computer.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2020, 08:17:30 am »
Sent you a pm Jon.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2020, 06:02:08 am »
Just watched it last night, thinning um out now.  :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2020, 08:31:10 am »
What Natural Selection does.

SaM~