Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 106912 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2021, 02:42:56 pm »
The question i been floating around!

How did They get 10 Americans into Canada in 2020 when the entire nation of was and is locked up?

Asked my Congressman to look into it as well. We got hunters out milliins of dollars in Canada hunt fees since 2019 and no hunts in sight.

Something is very wrong here!

Hedge~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2021, 03:22:43 pm »
Follow the money :o

Offline HH~

« Reply #347 on: June 22, 2021, 05:09:23 pm »
Very astute Bob.
Think of all the Cunnucks who needed good HC in Canada where they couldnt get that in time during 2020. Then, Hollywood getting 10 Americans in British Columbia Filming.  Its rather sickning really.
Just one more example of Trudumb in Canada clamping down on his subjects.

Whats happens whe you partner up with Chyna.

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #348 on: June 22, 2021, 05:27:08 pm »
You think to much Shawn. I have enjoyed it so far, got some real goof balls in it this time round, Clay seems pretty sharp some of the others I ant sure about but guess you got to be about half nuts to try it anyway. Food is going to be some them real pretty problem if they don’t get on the ball. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2021, 07:31:50 pm »
Yeah, i been accused of that a time or two. Easier to think yer way out a valley full of Taliban than fight yer way out. Then again when yer screw’d and know it, you call in fast movers at 20,000ft and kill every living thing in the dang valley. Smart.

Saw last nite Taliban took MSR 10 and took back half of AFG in one week. Watch what happens when Joe pulls us all out!

Routin fer the Tenn Boy but he carrying lotta weight. When that happens on that type body mass person its hard on a man. Seen it a bunch. When their gut starts gnawin on their backbone they can get squirrely perty quick. Why you saw lots of smaller BMI guys make it threw Batan death march. Big guys who lost so much did not fare as well. I grew up with a guy whose Dad was a Batan survivor. Hard little guy, reminded me of Red Buttons to a Tee!

Woulda had two winners last time if Docs did not DQ that one player. Saved themselves a million by medically tappin that playa out!

⚡️⚡️💥

HH~
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:46:42 am by HH~ »

Offline HH~

« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2021, 09:24:28 am »
Watched on my phone this morning ad free.

I did not know you could use as one of your items,  A self inflating life preserver! Wonder how many items that counted as?

Our Tenn boy has one hella nice House and food. Does he have the head and guts for last man standing?

Hedge~
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:49:01 am by HH~ »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2021, 01:41:54 pm »
I usually record it and skip commercials. It’s past my bedtime anyway.

I think it could get interesting.

Like the guy has a boat. Depending on weather I think that could be a huge advantage. Of course it could be a real danger to. But if he can get enough time in it and follow the fish I think he could maybe stock up on some higher fat content protein.

Preview shows Clay finding some deer sign and taking a shot but who knows for sure what that little teaser really amounts to.

Some pretty decent shelters but one of them doesn’t have any one staying in it anymore. The one ladies is looking pretty nice but she needs to start finding real food.

I’m going to keep recording and watching it.

You really just never know. The mind game really is a huge part of it. You really do have to have something to do it for. I don’t really think just the money alone is going to get most people to the end.
You need something else. Many seem to have something they personally need to achieve and once they do that it gets a lot harder to stay in the game. I think you almost have to set your goal as you want to be the last one no matter what. If that’s really what you want.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2021, 03:26:34 pm »
Jordan tapped. Couldn't keep alive without drifting in his head to home. Seen more than one Nug not come home because of preoccupation with home. Takes training to separate that from yer missiion. Fight and win today. Go home home when your yer mission complete!

HH~

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2021, 03:35:20 pm »
Agree about the boat guy. Once he got the buoyancy issue figured out it appears to be a good idea. Now he's got to find and figure out how to catch some fish.  He better keep an eye out for that griz too. That griz was obviously not shy. As den time approaches those griz are going to be on a feeding frenzy and a 200 lb human would probably look very appetizing.
     As far as the preview of Clay finding deer sign and shooting his bow....my money is on Clay being successful. He's an excellent shot with his selfbow and a damn good hunter.
     The shelters are looking good for the most part but they're not going to do any good without food. The guy who tapped out had a real nice shelter but psychologically he couldn't deal with the situation. I think a contestant without a spouse and kids has an advantage in the "missing my family" department. It's going to get interesting as the mercury continues to plummet. I think you're going to see a few more tap outs real soon. There's not enough food gathering going on unless the producers just aren't showing it. I still think Clay has what it takes to win.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #354 on: June 26, 2021, 06:34:48 am »
I always like the different shelters approach

The one ladies is looking pretty nice but she needs to start finding real food.
yes it seems well built and yes she needs food. She also started speaking of homesickness and that's not a good sign.

boat seems a good idea.
A thing bugging me is that if the tarp tears or thins out and start drinking water it cold be very difficult to repair wasting alot of work.

He better keep an eye out for that griz too. That griz was obviously not shy. As den time approaches those griz are going to be on a feeding frenzy and a 200 lb human would probably look very appetizing

I dont like this part too much.
They pushed the bears risk factor for show reasons but it also introduces a randomness that hardly can be controlled by a single man skills

I 'm wondering if they dont show many fish catches or snared prey on purpose.
It seems that fishing on such a lake should be fairly easy as long as you do not use those pretty useless fish traps

As far as the preview of Clay finding deer sign and shooting his bow....my money is on Clay being successful
it's likely that most of the bets are on him

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #355 on: June 26, 2021, 08:37:36 am »
The border was not completely closed, only to non-essential travel.  I guess Hollywood is essential.  I don't blame Trudeau for closing the border,  he should have closed it earlier.  Covid was rampant for awhile cross border and several Canadians went down for holidays and then brought covid back up here.  That pissed me off especially when some of these little a**holes got airtime to complain how bad they got it

Not that hard to patch a canoe when you are surrounded by conifer trees
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline HH~

« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2021, 08:42:02 am »
They brought prolly a hunnerd Americans back and forth back and forth in 2020 for this game show. Yeah, America started Covid not Chyna right? Oh yeah, yer a racist if you call it Chyna Virus, or kill fish or deer. Kill a bear in Canada and your going to the gallows.

I love the show it really reminds me of Hollywood Squares.

Shawn~

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2021, 07:29:25 am »
Not that hard to patch a canoe when you are surrounded by conifer trees

I thought about it but wont hot resin melt the tarp?

HH we all have taken note that you do not like the show.
I feel that keep saying that over and over add very little to the conversation.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #358 on: June 28, 2021, 08:28:26 am »
Agree GlisGlis, I like it, if I didn't I wouldn't watch it  ???, Like Momma use to tell us, " if you ant got something good to say just best if you say nothing "  I was at the cabin Thursday night so didn't see it but Miss Joanie taped it and we watched it last night, hated to see the Tennessee boy tap out but the mind is a strange thing. I thought he was doing pretty good until he wasn't. :-\  Seem just about all of them need to start finding ways to get some real food or they ant going to make it when it gets cold and that is coming soon. In the trailer looks like maybe Clay may get a deer, that will for sure help. The boat seems to be working for now , just not sure how it will do on the ice and that's coming. :) :) Always look forward to seeing it and can't wait for next week.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2021, 09:28:38 am »
Thy cup is never half full. You can get into a pile of trouble that way. You man even say "you'd have to drag me away from Alone, I'm going all the way" until you let mind remind yerself "i'm doing this to myself for $".

I had to laugh when I heard one guy say it was the unltimate test of outdoor skills. Remember the Eco Challanges. Compare that with this? You could not film it well because it was tough stuff in chitty places all over world. But it made this look like a bear waiting for winter to set in. Hard part of Eco Challange was finding a hard corps female for team who who not Bonk or Tap when the first layer of foot tissue gave way to bloody raw meat on sole of feet.

Its a nice Thrus nite chuckle with a big tumbler of sweet brown.

Hedge~