Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 104479 times)

Offline White Falcon

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #495 on: July 15, 2022, 10:38:52 am »
Scratch 2 more off.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #496 on: July 15, 2022, 11:44:58 am »
Yup. Definitely weeding them out.

I’m still kinda routing for Adam. I like his shelter and he’s been doing pretty good exploring his territory and hunting to. He’s made good use of stuff he found and might just have the right combination of crazy and ambition to get to the end.

Bjrogg

PS I have Three that I think might have that combination left though
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #497 on: July 17, 2022, 06:26:17 pm »
I missed it Thursday night because I was at the farm getting ready for our shoot Saturday so I will pretend I didn't see this.  ??? :) :) Although I could see a couple coming anyway. :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2022, 08:10:08 am »
Watched it last night, yep they are falling like flies now, I think they will loose a couple more next week the way it is looking. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckskinner

« Reply #499 on: July 18, 2022, 01:04:32 pm »
Those that put elaborate housing before food are paying the price.  I was amazed every time I saw Jessie's building that massive Hodge-podge-lodge complete with a porch and not giving any effort for food.  It was predictable as a duck fart in a marsh that she would not make it.  Cool structure but would have been a bugger to keep heated in the winter.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #500 on: July 22, 2022, 08:55:13 am »
Episode 9
that grouse will never know how lucky it was !   (--)

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #501 on: July 22, 2022, 12:21:18 pm »
Adam out! He has lost more than 51 lbs. He was a little late setting snare's. Doc will be the next to go, no food and missing his girl friend.. Juan has the mental attitude, no food. Karie Lee has it all gather with health, mental and some food. Looks like she also has some shrooms dried in bags hanging in her shelter.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #502 on: July 22, 2022, 01:43:42 pm »
Episode 9
that grouse will never know how lucky it was !   (--)

For Sure.

I would have seen it as a sign to stay.

Must have really already made up his mind.

Bjrogg

PS I liked Adam and I liked how he played and how he decided to exit. He’s alright in my book.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #503 on: July 22, 2022, 01:45:44 pm »
Adam out! He has lost more than 51 lbs. He was a little late setting snare's. Doc will be the next to go, no food and missing his girl friend.. Juan has the mental attitude, no food. Karie Lee has it all gather with health, mental and some food. Looks like she also has some shrooms dried in bags hanging in her shelter.

I do think Karie Lee appears to have the right stuff.

Bjrogg

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #504 on: July 22, 2022, 04:29:59 pm »
I'm thinking Juan Pablo is gonna last the longest but I'm not counting out Karie Lee. Agree with White Falcon, Doc's the next to go. Just found out Juan Pablo released a very indepth book on wilderness survival....may be an interesting read if you're into that stuff.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2022, 03:17:34 am »
I think that the stove and the fireplace strategy could really have influenced the final result.

What surprised me is in the last episodes they apparently scored almost zero trapping, fishing and hunting

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2022, 08:03:23 am »
Karie Lee has started a Go Fund Me page to try to raise some money to start her wilderness school, I don't think she will reach her lofty goal but it is inching up. What the heck, I liked her and made a small donation to her cause.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #508 on: August 09, 2022, 01:12:08 am »
My friend Woniya was on an ALONE SERIES, She was also on ALONE: Frozen. I have sat with her and had great conversations and she is a heck of a leather on leather seamstress!

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2022, 05:09:03 pm »
My wife thought that Juan cheated and Karie should have won but I don't agree, on the fact that he cheated that is.  He just did what he had to do to win.  It could have easily backfired on him
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com