Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 106799 times)

Offline Buckskinner

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #510 on: August 12, 2022, 12:43:11 pm »
Juan had the best plan and most determination to will and that's how it turned out.  Instead of burning through massive amounts of calories chopping firewood and hunting tiny little tree rats and such, he went dormant.  Karie did lots of stuff that wasted calories like having a snowball fight with herself and cutting saplings for making skis for hunting even though she couldn't draw her bow, etc.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #511 on: August 21, 2022, 12:22:01 pm »
I guess the video editing also tell us a story that is not 100% accurate
I'd like so much to see more video footage not included in the actual episodes

Alone:frozen ? now I have to see it  :fp

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2022, 07:13:33 am »
just discovered (still have to watch) there is still another alone spinoff:

Alone: The Skills Challenge pits 3 former Alone participants head-to-head to complete incredible bushcraft builds using only basic tools and the natural ...

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #513 on: March 27, 2023, 12:07:11 pm »
While waiting this year "regular" season there is an Australian version of Alone. It would be interesting to see a different country and fauna.

“Alone Australia” will premiere at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 29 on SBS and SBS On Demand.

The 11-part series is the first local iteration of the hugely successful international franchise.

SBS has previously revealed the cast for the Australian series.

The 10 Australian survivalists will be dropped in the remote wilderness of western Tasmania/ lutruwita

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #514 on: May 09, 2023, 08:15:04 am »
Alone season 10.
June 8 2023
search youtube for
"Alone Season 10- June 8 2023 Trailer HISTORY CHANNEL"

Is that a good idea to shoot a bear if you shake like that?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #515 on: May 16, 2023, 06:16:35 pm »
Juan had the best plan and most determination to will and that's how it turned out.  Instead of burning through massive amounts of calories chopping firewood and hunting tiny little tree rats and such, he went dormant.  Karie did lots of stuff that wasted calories like having a snowball fight with herself and cutting saplings for making skis for hunting even though she couldn't draw her bow, etc.

Juan's gamble paid off handsomely. I doubt there have been more than 2 or 3 chat could have pulled it off due to soft living except for a weekend here or there. When I saw he did a 30 day stint in the Canadian winter, I had a sense that he had an edge few others had....that this was familiar ground for him.

Maybe it was the editing and the choice to focus showing her goofiness, but Kari never seemed to be taking a serious approach to the risks and her main task. To my mind, she was focused on the camera and being a running advertisement for her "brand". That and the airy-fairy cultural appropriation of other peoples didn't sit well with me.

I was surprised with the absolute lack of bigger game. That sure threw a spanner in the works for a great number of people that gambled on putting up a big jackpot larder.

My opinion, for what little weight it may carry.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 06:20:32 pm by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2023, 07:57:39 am »
I just checked Kari Lees go fund me account for her wilderness school, she was shooting for $250K and has raised $42K and is still getting donations.

I donated a few bucks when she started the account, then again, I like eccentric nut cases, they kinda' remind me of me.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #517 on: June 11, 2023, 06:37:28 am »
First episode
It seems prime bears land
I will not wait to see the other participants and put my money on Lee Ray DeWilde

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #518 on: June 11, 2023, 08:42:45 am »
First episode looks like some decent hunting and fishing.

Looks like some pretty good archers, Bush crafters and just plain interesting contestants. I’m not putting money on anyone yet. Thinking this one might take awhile if the weather doesn’t get to terrible, which it most likely will.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2023, 07:16:10 am »
Yep watched the first and looking forward to seeing what happens,seems the fishing and hunting should be better on this one.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #520 on: June 19, 2023, 03:49:31 am »
yes, contestants look skilled
All the girls look strong and motivated
Really nice fishes up there  )F(

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #521 on: June 19, 2023, 07:20:07 am »
I am taping it so not going to read this much  ;) :) I really do enjoy watching it when I can buzz through the commercials.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #522 on: June 19, 2023, 08:53:14 am »
I am taping it so not going to read this much  ;) :) I really do enjoy watching it when I can buzz through the commercials.  :)
 Pappy

That’s how I do it to Pappy. It’s usually past my bedtime anyway.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #523 on: June 23, 2023, 08:43:12 am »
Spoiler Alert !!!!!!!!

Some fish were cought. One contestant made a great log shelter and another made a moss covered wickie up. Some home made arrows took some grouse. There also two that gave in to the wild.

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #524 on: June 23, 2023, 09:26:06 am »
Kind of surprised they were the first two to give in. I guess she can play a critical role.
    One thing that makes very little sense to me is the contestants that try to build elaborate log structures. A person needs to replenish many calories after that exhausting work. Unless a good food cache is established they're never going to survive for any length of time. After watching many seasons my major focus would be food, food, and more food, especially fish. The only way around it is to out starve the other contestants and in that department I would definitely lose. Enjoying this season so far.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges