Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 104467 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2019, 12:02:02 pm »
I need to find a way to binge watch this show, season one episode one. Never seen it. yall know where I can go to watch em all?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2019, 12:23:11 pm »
Hulu sleek. has season 1 untill season 6(?) maybe 5? me and my dad have been binge watching it. (-P im only on patagonia so i havent been reading this. no spoilers for me! >:D
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2019, 05:38:31 pm »
For some reason my receiver didn't record the final episode. All the other lame TV programs they show reruns over and over. Can't find it on the schedule anywhere.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2019, 08:06:32 am »
If you have cable you should be able to stream it directly from the history channel.
Trevor

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2019, 10:01:33 am »
If you have cable you should be able to stream it directly from the history channel.

I have satellite. I can't imagine why yet as much as they charge for it and losing channels all the time.
I think I should be able to watch it on demand but I need to get receiver to recognize my internet. Might have to look into it. Guessing that takes a lot of data to?
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2019, 08:19:03 pm »
Well I finally got around to setting up my receiver so I could watch the final episode.

I do enjoy this show and I gotta say this was a really well deserved win. In fact second and third were really winners to. Nobody won this one just because they were carrying a extra 70 lbs of belly fat. They didn't sit around in their shelter conserving energy. I thought it was really interesting and I really would have been happy for any of the final three.
Bjrogg

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2019, 03:05:11 am »
yes they where indeed skilled and motivated
One thing that struck me was the fire/shelters issues
We all know that fire is dangerous but i tend to forget it (and apparently not only me  ;) )
Really questioning me what shelter/fire setup could be best in a primitive very cold situation

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2019, 06:06:02 am »
Yes Gils and I'm pretty sure the cold climate compounds the problem. Not only is it colder and you want more fire, but I'm sure the air is very dry to when the temperature drops that low. Once they had a little fire it very quickly got out of control.

Another thing that was a little surprising was how important eating something with fat was. It sure is interesting the things we just take for granted that are so vital to our survival and wellbeing. One thing that becomes very clear from watching any of these shows. We are very blessed to eat like we do.
Bjrogg

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:05 am »
Season 7, if commissioned, will have a fresh set of contestants from diverse backgrounds.

:OK

..and if you are interested in participating:

To apply for Alone, please email alonecasting@itv.com with your name, age, contact information, location, and a brief description about your survival expertise!

You will be emailing Leftfield Entertainment, the producer of Alone. Leftfield Entertainment may use your information to contact you about the show or other opportunities that it believes may interest you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:55:57 am by GlisGlis »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2019, 07:25:18 am »
My wife and daughter are always telling me I should go on that show. Maybe they just want to get rid of me for a couple months? I've got a little extra belly fat stored up already.

Seriously I'd really like to try it. I think I'd do ok. I'm use to spending a lot of time by myself. I'm sure I'd spend any time I was try to gather food tinkering and making stuff to better my odds. It would sure be a interesting opportunity.

I'll probably just watch someone else though. I've got to many things to do here before I go
Bjrogg

Offline sleek

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2019, 08:44:57 am »
I want to go and do this very much. I have been binge watching this with my wife and son. This is such a fun show, I even dream about it at night
 I'm going to spend this year learning traps and how to I'd edible plants. Plants are my weak spot really. Also, at 250 pounds, 5'9", I'd like to loose a bit of weight and get my cardio up before going on the show. Maybe get down to 220 pounds would be good.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2019, 11:57:08 am »
If I recall my survival training correctly, you need a fairly tight, but ventilated shelter, and a small fire, maybe the size of a baseball cap, and a heap of firewood including some thick enough to bank the fire.
I'm too old to try to do that any more, but I do teach some survival in Hunter Education.  Fat is extremely important in the diet, as well.  Good luck if you apply!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2019, 12:22:11 pm »
Too young :'(
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2019, 01:05:28 pm »
That gives you time to hone your skills,  and learn to avoid "dumb attacks"! >:D (lol) (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2019, 03:06:59 pm »
Too young  :o

Enjoy it Russell. It flies by :o
Bjrogg