Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 104470 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2019, 02:55:57 pm »
Anyone reading this thread knows darn well spoilers may happen. I'm not worried,  I'm even more excited to see it unfold now! This is gonna be great!

I was pretty sure of that Sleek.
I've often thought though how different things are now just because of how we communicate in this new world.
Bjrogg
PS I mean really if you think about it I'm in the middle of a field,driving my tractor, communicating with you and a whole bunch of other people I may never meet in person in my life

Texting while driving eh? Ain't technology great? I'm tugging at your leg...
By the way, we have met at Marshall,  we competed against each other in the jug shoot a few years back. I was shooting a very short recurve.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2019, 03:09:36 pm »
Yup I remember you well Sleek. Babes and your son too. I meant other people that were maybe even just lurking.

Actually the tractor does most of the driving. I just have to make sure it's doing what it's supposed to be doing. And tell it what to do. It is amazing.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2019, 05:34:32 pm »
How long are you normally on a tractor bj?
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2019, 09:58:36 pm »
How long are you normally on a tractor bj?

Russell at times I pretty much live in one. I've spent over 36 hours straight in them before. That was when I was younger and they didn't drive themselves. I've been in them many times over 24 hours though. Like they say you gotta make hay when the sun shines. Sometimes you gotta keep going till the weather doesn't let you anymore. Normally I'm around 12 to 16 hours, but I don't do that year round. I have several "busy" seasons. Pretty much from April to November with a few short breaks in between. Sounds crazy but I actually kinda thrive on it. Gotta admit though, getting older is making it harder.
Bjrogg

Offline txdm

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2019, 11:58:42 am »
All I can say is I am still in admiration of the archery skills of all the participants who brought bows. A couple of them had traditional wooden bows, too. With respect to all the forms of archery, what was on this show is what I think of as my favorite kind.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2020, 05:34:50 am »
there are some strange talking about Alone: the Beast  due on january 30 on history channel
you can search youtube for the trailer
3 people, 30 gg to survive, no tools
Dont know if that will replace regular alone season 7

Offline sleek

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2020, 07:23:04 am »
there are some strange talking about Alone: the Beast  due on january 30 on history channel
you can search youtube for the trailer
3 people, 30 gg to survive, no tools
Dont know if that will replace regular alone season 7

30gg?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2020, 08:52:54 am »
sorry I meant 30 days

Offline DC

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2020, 10:27:17 am »
I get two feeds of The History Channel and it's not there but I can find all the promos on Youtube. Strange.

Now I'm thinkin' that there's an American and a Canadian History channel. Rats :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 12:03:03 pm by DC »

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2020, 08:29:26 am »
I'm not in the usa but faking a us Ip  I can see the show in evidence in history channel site

they say

ALONE the beast
Series Premiere Tonight at 10/9c

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2020, 10:49:55 am »
I'm not in the usa but faking a us Ip  I can see the show in evidence in history channel site

they say

ALONE the beast

Thanks GlisGlis. I don’t watch much tv but I did see that trailer. Thanks for the heads up. Have to watch tonight
Bjrogg

Offline DC

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2020, 10:59:27 am »

they say

ALONE the beast
I'm an old fart, I don't know how to do that. ;D I'm sure it will show up on the Canadian History Channel sooner or later.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2020, 01:55:11 pm »
I’m not liking their new Beast Alone as much as their previous ones. It’s ok, but I liked it a lot better before.
Bjrogg

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2020, 03:45:44 pm »
I’m not liking their new Beast Alone as much as their previous ones. It’s ok, but I liked it a lot better before.
Bjrogg

Yeah me too. I get why they changed it, but it's hardly alone if you're there with 2 other contestants and a camera crew...
Trevor

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2020, 04:42:07 pm »
I’m wondering why the change?

It totally takes away the biggest question. Who’s still in this? How long can I go before I tap? What do I need to do to make it in the long haul?

Now I just have to survive 30 days with this moose someone else shot for me. I’m not saying it’s easy, don’t get me wrong. But I’d much rather see the contestants dropped off separately or even in pairs, but with their 10 objects and see who adapts and sticks it out for who knows how long? I think they took away the one question that made it the most interesting show. It always surprised me who tapped and for what reasons. Many times I didn’t see it coming at all. Other times I didn’t think someone would last a week and they went to the end.

Bjrogg