Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 106250 times)

Offline GlisGlis

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2020, 08:04:50 am »
apparently the tarp was in addition to the 10 items

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2020, 08:29:00 am »
I've tried to watch it a couple of times but it seems nobody is prepared for the situation at hand. I watched as one guy burn down his shelter and last night the guy lost his fire starter, maybe the same guy. I haven't seen Kieth except with a few cameo shots.
 I never watched any of the "reality" shows because they just weren't real...except for Mother Nature's part.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2020, 08:10:40 am »
video editing is a fact but from what I can judge Alone is the only series of this kind that looks authentic

I haven't seen Kieth except with a few cameo shots
the first episode is focused on 4 participants. Keith will be in one of the next episodes

I've tried to watch it a couple of times but it seems nobody is prepared for the situation at hand

after the end of the episode there is a talk. they speak about the drop shock.
I can imagine that even an experienced bushman could feel the shift from modern living to a complete survival situation

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2020, 08:45:28 am »
But, don't you think that someone participating is such an adventure would do all they could to be prepared. Dropping and loosing your only method of making fire for example. Seems like one would protect that with your life because your life depends on it, especially in the Arctic. And instead of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself for hours, use that energy to use friction to make fire. There is usually something dry, even in rainy environments to get a fire started. Also, building a big fire in your shelter of dried materials and allowing it to get out of hand seems foolish too.
After all, you are only a radio call away from safety. I guess I've never been one for any kind of "reality" shows. Very few seem real to me.
 I am looking forward to seeing Keith in action though.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JEB

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2020, 10:57:10 am »
Interesting that he lost his striker 10 days into this thing. Maybe he wanted to quit and this was his easy way out, you know tossing it in the lake,lol

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2020, 12:21:27 pm »
Interesting that he lost his striker 10 days into this thing. Maybe he wanted to quit and this was his easy way out, you know tossing it in the lake,lol

I had that thought too.

Also, building a big fire in your shelter of dried materials and allowing it to get out of hand seems foolish too.

I bet that when time pass and you get exhausted an accident with fire is very possible. After all blazes where pretty common in the past even in big cities

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2020, 01:14:29 pm »
The lack of food has to impact their critical thinking.  I could see that being the reason behind a lot of the simple mistakes that are made on the show.  Kind of like when you are sleep deprived.  I know when I worked night shift and skipped a day of sleeping I had to really concentrate to figure out simple tasks.  I would never tiller a bow or do detail work when tired.  I would thing going days at a time without food has to have a similar impact
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2020, 09:52:33 am »
I finished watching the first episode.  In my opinion, that guy got his few days of adventure and quit.  He didn't look for his fire steel very long.  He didn't even try to light a friction fire.  Maybe he just wanted the TV exposure to promote his own videos.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JEB

« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2020, 11:10:31 am »
anyone find out when the first show is on again, during "normal" hours please post time and channel.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2020, 07:38:07 am »
The next episode is Thursday night, same time.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2020, 08:11:38 am »
Tuesday night, 10:00pm, History Channel

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2020, 05:33:12 am »
I planned on watching it tonight but will be at the cabin and can't get it, guess I will get Miss Joanie to tape it for me, that's will be good, can watch the hole hour in probably 10 minutes with out all the commercials and play backs of what is about to happen or has already happened. Never seen anything like it, they waste and hour of my life for maybe 10 minutes of action. :( O well must be a popular show because they have plenty of commercials. ::) ::) sorry for the rant, just bugs me. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2020, 10:03:14 am »
I've noticed that in the last few years. They've been stretching out the footage by doing those annoying replays when you come back from commercials. I record just about everything I watch now. Even if the show is on right now. For an hour long show I can hit record, go out to the shop for 20 min, come back in, watch the show and have time to hit record for the next one. The PVR is my friend :D We have YouTube on our television feed now. I find I watch that a lot but commercials are sneaking in there more and more.

Offline JEB

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2020, 04:14:46 pm »
I will give it another go tonight but it comes on a little late for me.

Offline HH~

« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2020, 07:49:32 am »
I wouldn’t watch that crap if you EFT’d a years salary to me.

Hollywood fake chit.

Has man really gotton that far from what DNA is in his blood? Survival is now a game show.

You think that’s real?

You wanna do it?

Pack yer stuff fly into northern Athabasca and go live for a couple months.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW