Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 104504 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2020, 07:19:56 am »
Keith was in bad shape with that sickness.  You are in trouble when you can't even hold down water.  What a bummer.   I liked his tattoo work. 

Jeb, I don't think they ever really said what made him sick.   It looked like it happened shortly after eating that squirrel. But with editing, who knows.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2020, 07:25:55 am »
Sucked for Keith. They did say the the small rodents where he was at carried Typhus and a parasite I don't remember the name. Seems like the show would have given a Heads up about not eating the small rodents
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2020, 09:44:51 am »
sorry for Keith
he also was on a not so good location.
A rocky peninsula. Not the best for big game.
Probably the ticket was fishing. too bad it did not clicked for him
Not sure the issue was related to the squirrel. If he got typhus I think they'd have said as it requires strong medical threatment

ps. I liked the tattoo idea but risking an infection with a million dollars prize ?!?  :fp

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2020, 10:08:05 am »
Yup that was a bummer. Funny thing how stuff goes. I was worried when he ate the stuff growing on the rock. Thought that might make him sick. Also the chance of infection from the tattoo. Then seemed like things might be going his way. Snares a squirrel. Everything is good and next thing you know he’s not able to keep anything down. Does make a person wonder exactly what the cause was. I was wondering if eating some charcoal would have helped? I think I saw somewhere that it helps stomach problems?

Still some interesting contestants out there yet. Going to get cold soon I think.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline DC

« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2020, 10:56:44 am »
I think he roasted the squirrel(not positive) and I think that's a mistake in this kind of situation. The chance of parasites is too high. I think the same thing happened to another contestant on a previous series. Boiling is much safer plus I think you get more out of the animal eventually. And that nice hot broth to drink before bed. I have noticed that the other contestants are boiling most of their food. There is something romantic about roasting your food over an open fire and it probably tastes better but puking for a day ain't fun.
 Yeah I thought the tattoo was an unneccesary risk too.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00:13 pm »
Still some interesting contestants out there yet. Going to get cold soon I think.

All the participants left indeed are
I have a weakness for Callie. She looks to be at ease.
I'm afraid she's behind with shelter building tough

Offline HH~

« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2020, 07:05:58 pm »
Never saw A CMH earner who looked like the baddest monkee in the tree. Seen a few of my friends earn the Silver Star in some chit hole where good men were busted up, burning and the toughest monkee is exactly what was needed on that day.

Why i mentioned the Batan survivor whose son i went to school with. You would have never thought at a glance this guy was so mentally and physically tough. Why deeds not words are where its at.

If i was to bet on this Reality TV game in Vegas. I would take a guy or gal that comes in fat. Has some experience in bush, has some common sense, and listen more than they talk, with a little field craft.

Hedge
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 07:05:16 am by HedgeHunter »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2020, 05:59:10 am »
Getting better all the time, I am liking them gals, winter is coming so things are fixing to really get tough. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2020, 06:43:11 am »
What make bow did she use to kill the rabbit?    Looked like a Bear Grizzly?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:57:02 am by JEB »

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2020, 12:50:44 pm »
Bear super grizzly.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2020, 01:01:25 pm »
Was another interesting episode. See a few more preparations for winter. Still seem to be a few pretty sparse shelters though.

My recording didn’t work for some reason. I missed the part where she got the rabbit.

The ice and cold will make the challenge much more difficult. Getting water, fishing, gathering firewood will all become more difficult. The noise of the wind blowing your tarp won’t be the only thing driving you crazy.

Next week should be another interesting one. I still like Roland’s progress. He seems to be looking to the long haul and although fishing has been risky, dangerous and not as productive as I’m sure he had wished. It seems he has run across a interesting encounter with a Musk Oz. The meat, fat, hide and bones could prove very valuable. That is if he actually gets them.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline DC

« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2020, 01:22:30 pm »
Was another interesting episode. See a few more preparations for winter. Still seem to be a few pretty sparse shelters though.

My recording didn’t work for some reason. I missed the part where she got the rabbit.

The ice and cold will make the challenge much more difficult. Getting water, fishing, gathering firewood will all become more difficult. The noise of the wind blowing your tarp won’t be the only thing driving you crazy.

Next week should be another interesting one. I still like Roland’s progress. He seems to be looking to the long haul and although fishing has been risky, dangerous and not as productive as I’m sure he had wished. It seems he has run across a interesting encounter with a Musk Oz. The meat, fat, hide and bones could prove very valuable. That is if he actually gets them.

Bjrogg

Yeah, now he's going to have 600 lbs of mutton(eeewww) and no mint sauce to hide the taste.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2020, 02:43:56 am »
page 10 of this thread you find how to see the episode online

Roland may be woodsy but he also looks pretty savage  )P( .
Chances are that it's what it is needed to survive in that place
All things considered all participants show very positive traits

He seems to be looking to the long haul and although fishing has been risky, dangerous and not as productive as I’m sure he had wished.

I ask myself why not to build some sort of ladder or support to reach the lake
Probably the view from camera is very different from real situation

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2020, 03:18:55 am »
History channel recruitment page  )P( )P( )P(
(needs a US IP to be seen apparently)

https://www.history.com/shows/alone/articles/want-to-be-on-alone
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:34:19 am by GlisGlis »

Offline JEB

« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2020, 06:24:08 am »
Anything major happen last night? I am at the cabin with a TV that gets one station.