Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 106385 times)

Offline GlisGlis

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #240 on: July 17, 2020, 06:24:53 am »
Am I the only one bumped by the garage location?   ;D

great 6th episode   :OK

@JEB
the episode title is The Musk OX

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #241 on: July 17, 2020, 08:42:46 am »
... and second question
is Roland shooting a damaged bow? I noticed what looked like an hinge also in previous episodes
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 08:48:37 am by GlisGlis »

Offline DC

« Reply #242 on: July 17, 2020, 10:56:37 am »
Has anyone got any ideas for an effective, fairly easy food cache that these people could build? That seems to be the big problem. Not just this show but many others people score big with food only to have a bear/wolverine/fox steal it. The only effective on I've seen was 20" up poles with tin wrapped around the poles and sheet metal isn't on the 10 list.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2020, 02:46:14 am »
if you can climb it a bear or wolverine can climb it better (not to mention birds)
hanging really high could be a way if you dont have too much weight
maybe debarking the poles and or spikes facing down could make the climb more difficult
also a platform protruding over the support poles
they all need hard work
I saw an inuit video where they preserved food underground with alot of stones on top. They say foxes could not reach it. It's likely that a polar bear could...

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2020, 07:24:14 am »
My dad was an avid outdoors man and he would take us out to some of the most remote locations I have ever been to, sometimes paddling and/or hiking nearly a whole day just to get to our fishing/hunting spot.  If the area had Bears he would throw a rope over a high limb and just yank our food at least 6' off the ground for the night.  Never had any problems
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JEB

« Reply #245 on: July 18, 2020, 07:29:08 am »
The garage interview doesn't bother me. At least it is a garage/man cave and not some fancy hollywierd studio.. I am guessing at the lack of response to my last post that nothing remarkable happened to the campers. right?

Offline DC

« Reply #246 on: July 18, 2020, 09:44:02 am »
Jeb, we just don't want to spoil it. A lot happened. ;D

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #247 on: July 18, 2020, 09:07:57 pm »
The garage interview doesn't bother me. At least it is a garage/man cave and not some fancy hollywierd studio.. I am guessing at the lack of response to my last post that nothing remarkable happened to the campers. right?

Jon it was a good episode. Looks like a couple more good ones to come. It’s getting interesting. I don’t want to spoil it for you either. If you can figure out how to watch it on net. It would be worth watching. If you can’t I’ll send you a PM.

I’m thinking some bears are making trouble and some bears might be in trouble.

I’m still liking Rock house. Seems like he’s got his chit together. Anyone who can do all the work he has already done and gathered as much food as he has. Not to mention the work he did getting that food home sure has my respect.  Anything can happen though. Could get injured or food stolen, who knows. Do like his work ethic though.

Some very interesting contestants left. It should be interesting.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2020, 07:17:12 am »
That's OK Brian. I probably won't watch the rerun. Doesn't sound like anyone left the show.

Offline DC

« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2020, 09:35:19 am »
Would anyone be totally against actually discussing what's happening? I know Sleek was last season. Could we change the title so it said "Spoiler Alert" or something. It would have been much easier just to have answered Jeb's question. Comments? Ideas. It would be nice to be able to discuss stuff as it happened.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2020, 10:19:43 am »
Would anyone be totally against actually discussing what's happening? I know Sleek was last season. Could we change the title so it said "Spoiler Alert" or something. It would have been much easier just to have answered Jeb's question. Comments? Ideas. It would be nice to be able to discuss stuff as it happened.

I would like to talk about it. Funny how when I was young we only had 2 channels and no recording capability. Back then people would talk about shows they saw last night. Now even if you know someone who watches the same show, they probably have it recorded and didn’t watch it yet.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline DC

« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2020, 10:37:09 am »
I record every episode and keep them until the end of the year just in case I want to check something.
 Maybe once people realised that there were spoilers here they wouldn't read it until they'd watched the show.

Offline JEB

« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2020, 11:34:52 am »
Not sure what the big secret is. I am asking about last week show. You guys can disregard it's not really that important.

Offline DC

« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2020, 12:29:27 pm »
There is no secret Jeb. It's just that people have complained about spoiling before.
PM sent Jeb
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:36:49 pm by DC »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2020, 10:14:17 pm »
Looks like he got lucky with a bad shot.  Very little penetration in the back leg.  He must have hit an artery.  He is using a Bear longbow I think.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left