Author Topic: Alone again.  (Read 104464 times)

Offline JEB

Re: Alone again.
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2020, 08:53:54 am »
Rabbit is starvation food. They need ice to get some fishing in or the rabbit eaters are toast.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2020, 04:50:09 pm »
I saw an experiment done yeas ago where a scoutmaster took a dozen or so scouts into the desert. He wanted to gage what percentage would thrive and what percentage would fail, of course they had to eat bugs, snakes and anything else they could find.

Right off the bat he found that 20% of the scouts thought of it as a wonderful adventure and had a great time collecting anything and everything to eat.

20 percent just sat down and started crying for their mothers, of course he immediately sent this group home, they would die quickly in a survival situation.

60% of the kids wouldn't eat snakes and bugs initially but would after they got real hungry.  These kids went along with the experiment but didn't enjoy it.

We see about the same thing on Alone, some tap out the first day, some hang on for a month or so on but are disillusioned and some are having the time of their life and do surprisingly well considering the adversity they face.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2020, 05:05:24 pm »
Rabbit is starvation food. They need ice to get some fishing in or the rabbit eaters are toast.

I would give you some updates but I've been holding off watching it for awhile and only started watching it lately.  I'm not exactly fond of the new way they've been doing the sbow
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2020, 05:47:43 am »
It is getting tougher every day for them, all still holding up pretty good but only half way. Them are 2 tough gals for sure.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #304 on: August 07, 2020, 07:50:29 am »
Gotta agree with you there Pappy. Those gals are determined. I really thought the one was going to tap. She missed some very nice opportunities. She beat herself up a little, but pulled herself back up.

Really like Amos to. Pretty cool cucumber being surrounded by five wolves. Some only three yards from his shelter. I’m sure the pucker factor was going there.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #305 on: August 07, 2020, 09:07:02 am »
Pretty good, recovering from starvation;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4tMq7HG_D4

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #306 on: August 07, 2020, 09:08:07 am »
I've watched a little the last few weeks. Seems to me that some are taking chances that really endangers them. This could be that do to the protein rich/low fat food they eat might be affecting their mental states and actions.The one guy heading to his gill net, knowing the rocks are icy and if he goes in the water it's all over, maybe even permanently. And, I think it's him they showed in next weeks previews who's shelter catches fire...again?
 The women do seem to be holding up better both mentally and physically.
 Also, I think I'd keep a lunging type spear in my shelter just in case a wolf or bear or whatever tried to get in.  )P(
Anyway, I do think this show is more realistic than any other of the "reality" shows I've watched and it's entertaining too. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2020, 11:04:17 am »
Got to agree with you Pat on a couple of silly risk a couple took last night. They talked about the danger and did it anyway and busted their but. If the guy had ended up in the water he would have been screwed. Real glad to see the bunny girl get two nice fish. But I think I would have kept fishing and stockpiling till they quit biting.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2020, 04:41:51 am »
I agree they seem to be taking some chances but I guess trying to survive in that environment it is either take a few chances/starve or tap out, you got to eat.  ;) :) although it could cost them for sure they all seem pretty secure in their abilities.  :) it's not like a Ha yall watch this kind of attitude. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2020, 09:21:10 am »
Two more episodes. Gonna be some tappin' goin' on. :D

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2020, 11:44:07 am »
The bug bit!  I think the "bunny lady"(Kallie?) with her skills is in a good position, as long as she can catch more fish to supplement the rabbits, she indicated each fish was about 10 days food.  I do agree with the comment of keep fishing until they quit biting, then smoke and cache them.  Amos and Roland could be contenders, too.  Wolf pack is definitely a pucker factor!  Good luck to all, but the teasers indicate somebody's shelter caught fire, bad sign!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2020, 05:47:01 am »
WARNING MIGHT BE SPOILER. ALERT

The bunny lady seems to be on a real roller coaster ride. So far she is strapped in though.

I liked Amos. He seemed to be a peace with his decision to tap. Pretty ironic how just minutes after tapping, while packing his gear his shelter burst into flame right before both his and our eyes.

Still wondering if there can be more than one winner. When you listen to the contestants they talk about the winner like just one. I’m not so sure anyone will make 100 days, but I think it’s possible that more than one could.

Next week is final 3 hour episode. I sure hope my recording works.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2020, 12:33:41 pm »
We blocked out Thursday night AND set the recorder!  Didn't watch the early episodes to catch the rules on winning, make the full 100 days or just outlast everyone else to win.  Whoever puts in the most fat probably wins, barring accidents or wild critters raiding the food stores!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline DC

« Reply #313 on: August 16, 2020, 10:41:23 am »
I've watched the whole series and I don't think they ever explained the rules.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #314 on: August 16, 2020, 11:07:08 am »
I don't think anyone will make 100 days
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com