Author Topic: questions about arrowheads.  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: questions about arrowheads.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 06:40:04 am »
I use a 2 bladed 160 ace sharpened with a file to a wire edge, no problems, as has been said here and many times before, shot placement is the key. Most any sharp broad head that flies well will do fine. I have used 2/3/4 bladed heads all with good success , I just like the Ace because it is easy to sharpen and keep sharp and flies well. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mafort

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 01:12:57 pm »
so what i should do is find a point that flies well with my bow? i plan on using my ELB for hunting this season so i made the assumption the bodkin three blades would fly well.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 12:02:24 am »
Practice! Practice! Practice! And evaluate every shot!  Also, have your broad heads razor sharp, be ready for Murphy's Law, which is governed by Mc Connell's Theorm - Murphy is an optimist!  I am the least qualified as a bowhunter, but you fight like you train, and hunt like you practice. As GunDoc and others say, Shot placement fills the pot!  As an HE instructor, I teach shot placement and practice with your hunting equipment until you are proficient!  The kill zone on deer is about 8" +/-! Regardless of weapon or range.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 09:25:51 am »
The same and more attention should be made to how well the shaft flies.A person wants it leaving like a dart just seeing the back end of the shaft at a 20 yard shot.This helps penetration as well.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed