Author Topic: ISO spine tester  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
ISO spine tester
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:30:32 am »
Looking for a spine tester. Thought id check here first for a trade then if nothing hit the web.

-Bryce
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: ISO spine tester
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:32 am »
Brycey boy I suggest you look at the cheapest version that Ace sells. Clint gave me one and I love it. Its super simple and only works for wood or boo. It mounts to the wall.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 09:29:48 am »
Make one yourself Bryce.I made this one years ago from a book called Bow Making Accessories.Very quick accurate tester.A dial indicator costing 20.00 was used with spare pieces of wood laying around.Nice on and off switch with a nice zero out option.26" width between the posts[not sure if that's ISO] with a 2# weight to hang onto shaft.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 12:28:18 pm »
I use a micrometer attached with a clamp, and made my weight with lead ingots, and found the charts on line.  Set it up to be not collapsible but it can easily converted to breakdown mode.  I think I am going to make an arm the will support fletched arrows, too!  I can send you a base and upright (walnut)' you  just have to make and set the yardarm, and mount the pegs.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 03:05:42 pm »
Thanks Chris I’ll look into it.
The one I have now is one that I made. It’s accurate as all hell but I hate having to check my deflection sheet the cross reference the actual spine of the shaft.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 06:54:59 pm »
My dial indicator reads out MM to the poundage of the spine shown on a converstion chart taped onto the spiner for very quick reference.Easy peaszy and very fast.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 11:45:25 pm »
I have the basic Ace tester too and love it.