Author Topic: Canopy help  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Canopy help
« on: June 29, 2018, 04:26:15 pm »
With "rendezvous" season on us, this idea may be useful to some.
Here's way to keep rain water from accumulating on the roof of your popup canopy. Pool noodles in the corners!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Zuma

Re: Canopy help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 06:17:01 pm »
Cool idea and they are cheap too
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 03:09:45 am »
Like it - Thanks  ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 07:54:08 am »
I was thinking someday to get one of those canopys like that.All one unit and goes up quickly.Probably from Wal Mart I guess.I'll remember that slick trick about making that water run off Mike.
On a side note here.Today it's predicted for over 80% humidity at temperatures in the 90's.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:57:42 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 12:03:51 pm »
We got 68F, back to the 90+ range Monday!  The long range forecast for MoJam should be getting more accurate, but I'm loading a fan to put under the awning!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Patches

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 09:03:39 am »
Ed, Wally world (at least here in MO) has 10 x 10 on sale right now for $42. They are like the one I have. 

I am going to have to try the swim noodle idea.  Good thinking Mike! 

neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 01:55:33 pm »
That's a pretty fair price I'd say.I still got my old canvas with wood poles squaw cooler I used back in the buckskinning days.Back then at fur trade era rendezvous's you were'nt allowed to use anything nylon or plastic.Seems everyone has one nowadays though at bow making gatherings where the rules are'nt as strict.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 02:31:05 pm »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 06:37:58 pm »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.