Author Topic: Make it worth it and pass it on  (Read 10826 times)

Offline sleek

Make it worth it and pass it on
« on: July 04, 2018, 08:56:58 am »
Many men lost their life. It wasnt given. They fought to keep it. The women and children, fathers and mothers, gave their loved ones to this nation. We were born of necessity, and of blood. Real blood.  Wet, red, sticky, hot. Tears of pain and loss of comrads. Grief of wives and children never to be loved again, or seen to grow into men and women themselves. 

Today, we celebrate the results of such sacrifice. That of these people, their strife was not in vain. We have victory. As you watch your fireworks tonight, let these explosions represent the fight, the brilliant colors, represent the spirit of the greatest americans to have lived, the smoke and the ashes speak for themselves. As you leave the area, you leave free. 

When you walk away, your back to depart, keep in your mind, this isnt just a party. Its a reminder of who we are and how we got here. When you wake up in the morning, it will be a memory, just as the men and woman of wars past have become. Today, the very day you read this, and every day after, have been given to you by the brave. They did it for this nation. Its often said, but rarely does it sink in, what this nation is, that this nation is us. It is you, it is me. Make it worth it, as we may never be worthy. Dont waste it. Don't forget it. And always, pass it on.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Make it worth it and pass it on
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:35:25 am »
Well said Sleek. I just saw a title for a article on yahoo news. Something to the effect of mixed feelings about being proud to be American on 4th. I didn't read it. No mixed feelings here. Very Blessed to Live, Work and Play in this great country. I may be a bit embarrassed by some of my fellow Americans, but certainly not the Men and Women and their families who made it possible to Live the life my family and I do. Sometimes I think that social media should have a few simple rules like this web site does.
Thanks to all of you Men, Women and their families for your great sacrifices. May we all make it a worthy sacrifice.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 11:33:20 am »
Well spoken, gentlemen!  A salute to all who have made the supreme sacrifice, and to those who came back, as well as those who are "on the lines" even now!  Be proud to be American, we get to make adjustments every 2 years!  And corrections every 4 years!  Many nations don't get that chance, and many nations have copied our example!  Remember the past, look forward to the future, and vote for what you believe!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 12:42:36 pm »
Glad to be amongst Americans that get it.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 05:36:38 am »
Well said. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 08:20:06 am »
I just want to bring this thread back to life for today's events.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 08:57:34 am »
It lives on!  This nation must be pretty good, or people would not literally walk a thousand miles to seek asylum here.  We are a melting pot of all nations, peoples,  and cultures, and beliefs, and today is the celebration of all who seek freedom!  And those who sacrificed all for it.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 10:46:33 am »
 Happy Independence Day!  I am so proud to be a patriotic American...Looking forward to family and friends today made possible by true Patriots...I learned how to salute my flag at Lackland AFB a long time ago...
                                                                                                                               Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 03:20:24 pm »
Happy Birthday USA. I've been running my butt off since first light today, but I do remember it's the 4th of July.
Have a safe and happy one
Bjrogg

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 11:48:29 pm »
Had a very good gathering hosted by a Navy Vet and her husband (a retired Brit of all things, but at least he is Welsh) and some other folks!  A fine group, and the weather held here!  During the fireworks Display, Mother Nature added her accent to remind everyone who is in charge!  Hope everyone had a safe 4th!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Zuma

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 12:35:16 pm »
Hail YESSS
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 05:18:05 am »
A bit after Independence Day, but never too late to show our gratitude and respect.  Happy Independence Day!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 12:14:45 pm »
Land of the free, Home of the brave. thank you to all the people who serve our country.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline sleek

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 09:29:22 am »
Id like to bring this back to the surface again.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 09:58:09 am »
Id like to bring this back to the surface again.

I’d like to see it there everyday Sleek.
Bjrogg
PS I miss Zuma. It’s nice to look back at replies from him