Author Topic: Southern Community Bow Set done good!!!  (Read 6784 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Southern Community Bow Set done good!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 04:53:16 pm »
Kenneth, The Northern set went to NWTF and went for $300 I believe.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 12:30:11 am »
Too bad the turkey guys don't know what an awsome bow is worth, maybe next time we can get it set up so members can make phone bids or standing bids to help out the cause and keep such a nice piece of equipment from going too cheap. Probably a 10 guage would have gone over better.  I know money is tight but makes me sad for such a bow not to be apreciated more.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 12:51:48 am »
I was a little disappointed also but the money was never the purpose. We were promoting Primitive Archer Magazine and I think we did an excellent job of that. 
   They put it up in a silent auction. The way to get the price up is with a bidding war in an open auction.    I believe, in both cases, the recipients appreciated what they got with these Community Bow Sets.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 01:10:41 am »
it would also depend on was the bow auctioned at a state banquet or local level,and wich commitee in which state etc etc.

i know for my local chapter of the NWTF (i am commitee member of) we have the highest dollar spring event in the state, our auctions do pretty well. ( not trying to honk my own horn). so if your looking to get top dollar ( igree that they are worth it ) you shaould make sure they go to a great local or state event that traditionally does high dollar amounts on auctions. jmho ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 01:22:05 am »
Both the Northern and Southern Community Bow Sets went to national conventions. The Northern went to NWTF in Atlanta and the Southern went to RMEF in Reno.    Pat

Offline sailordad

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 01:49:24 am »
wow,then i'm surprised thats all it brought in.

just goes to show that most people think you need a scatter gun to kill buzzards with.personally i dont like lead in my white meat,and would rather have a harder hunt with my bow.

well maybe next time it'll bring more.

PEACE,
                                                                                                    Tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Little John

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 09:53:21 am »
You are right Pat both sets did an excellent job of promoting primitive archery both the mag, the comunity,and the sport.The trick to getting a high auction bid is to have at least two people who want the item.Any way primitive bows are just now catching on and becoming popular and most folks make their own rather than buy. Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell