Author Topic: Hunting possibles bag  (Read 10272 times)

Offline Aaron H

Re: Hunting possibles bag
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2018, 07:25:05 pm »
Very cool Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Hunting possibles bag
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 08:41:23 am »
Thanks fellas.
Well we were'nt disappointed with the snow storm.I'm all dug out here.We are getting into an older fashioned type of winter here now.I think it's a good thing.Would'nt change a thing though!!!It's beautiful outside and hope I can continue as long as I can this way.Love the area I live in.Just happy we did'nt need to travel through it.Many stranded motorists along the interstate.
I learned and refined all this tanning/working with leather and rawhide and beadwoking years ago back in the 80's and 90's while buckskinning.Was'nt making bows then just muzzle loader deer hunting and coon hunting.
This deer hunting is fun but a spit in the bucket physically compared to coon & big game hunting while making a career of coon hunting hounds.The leather making skills helped me here too making leashes and battery lite carriers.I used veg tanned leather for that though.Raising/training and hunting hounds requires 10 times the effort more so physically while making a living than making a bow and hunting with it.250 nights a year for 25 years adds up for time in the woods.More hunting in 10 years than most people do in a life time with seasonal deer hunting.It's a good retired type past time for me the way I see it and I enjoy it.
Many things are out there to enjoy.It's just a matter of will and degree of satisfaction the way I see it.I do enjoy conversing with other makers of bows and accesseries connected to it.Many talented craftsmen and women on here.More so than me.There's lot more things connected to self bow hunting out there people don't get to see on this site and would like to see their work on here too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:01:47 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed