Author Topic: Getting back into shooting primitive  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Ryan Jacob

Getting back into shooting primitive
« on: July 13, 2018, 05:08:27 am »
It’s been a while. Probably about a year since I’ve even held a wooden bow. My friend brought me along to shoot some trad and I remember how much fun it was. He is planning to cut down a guava due to having to build a wall to prevent flooding (Living beside a river during this monsoon is tough). Now that I’m ready to work on it, how da heck do I shoot instinctive again? That trad with sights and the year not shooting probably threw my system out of whack.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Getting back into shooting primitive
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:15:40 am »
Ryan, start slow at close range, say 10 yards, shoot one arrow at a time and concentrate on your form, release and each shot individually. Don't try to shoot groups but concentrate on each shot and where it will go. Like riding a bicycle it will all come back to you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burtonridr

Re: Getting back into shooting primitive
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 04:30:11 pm »
Nothin better in the summer than getting back into shooting.   :D

I just recently started shooting my trad bow again, after my peep tubing broke one day on my compound, it forced me to go back to trad. Now I'm building arrows, made a new string(huge improvement), made silencers for my new string, building a new bow for my brother.... Careful, its a slippery slope lol  (lol)
Offgrid mtn living