Author Topic: New member and first bow build  (Read 4896 times)

Offline EOT

Re: New member and first bow build
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2018, 03:58:50 pm »
Honestly I did need to drop the weight down a little but it also wasn't bending as good as I wanted. After some weight was dropped I was able to pull it a couple extra inches. Maybe it would have lasted longer if I'd left it heavy and only drew it back 25"? Hard to say but I did learn a few things that hopefully will help with the next one.

For now this one is sitting. I hope to be able to repair it. I need to get the "Bowyers Bible" and I'd also like to get "Hunting the osage bow". Seems there's a lot of info in those books and I enjoy reading anyway. So far I've been reading through some of the topics you guys have covered on this forum. Lot's of great info and tutorials.

I am wanting to make a pulley type tillering tree. Just need to get after it I guess. I can definitely see how it would be better for the bow to only strain it for a second or two.

Stave #2 is in the vise now for ring chasing. It's the same overall length but much straighter. So hopefully it won't be as difficult to work with.

Offline burchett.donald

Re: New member and first bow build
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2018, 04:12:36 pm »
  Glad your hanging in there EOT...That last picture of full draw in your hand looks real nice...Looking forward to your second...
                Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;