Author Topic: Give Away Bow  (Read 9793 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Give Away Bow
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 07:10:00 am »
Great job Dana,that is a beautiful set. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 08:59:09 am »
Paul this one was bigger but I snapped a tip off trying to bend it, rather than waste the wood I figured
might make a bow for a kid, I also had some undersized red osier shafts so why not make some arrows :)
All the set needs is a quiver, but my man cave is undergoing its spring flooding so I'm shut down for a little
bit. >:(

Bishop haven't seen one of them since high school, besides Mopar ruled back then ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

CutNShoot

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 05:03:26 pm »
Somebody gona be a happy camper. Thats  real nice  equipment .

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 05:25:41 pm »
Nice set Dana. Someone will be happy with it.
  I have made a HHB bow from wood Greg and Pappy gave me that will be going to Twin Oaks Club to be raffled off also.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 10:04:36 pm »
Really Nice bow Dana, like the arras to. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:26 pm »
Thanks guys anyone have a kids sized quiver to go with this, IOf so let me know I will make it worth yer while.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 10:08:25 pm »
Dana- I might have a store bought quiver you can have.  It's not a kids but it's real small.  If I can find it you can have it.  I'll let you know if I come up with it.
Traverse City, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 11:13:15 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
 Thanks rick hoping to cut ya some shafts this weekend ;)

Manistique, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 08:02:01 pm »
I missed this one. Great bow Dana Im sure it will make someone really happy. If its for a big kid I might qualify ;D       Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 11:12:29 pm »
Nice looking combo Dana, say, when do you harvest your arrow shafts, I think I have red osier growing down in my woods in back of my house, as soon as I can get back there I'll snap a photo and you can tell me if thats what it is.
VB

Offline DanaM

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 08:09:01 am »
VB I like to get the red osier anytime there are no leaves only because its easier to see the straight ones.
Actually don't worry to much about straight as the as the bends are gently, osier straightens easy with heat.

Manistique, MI