Author Topic: Takedown sleeve noise  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Takedown sleeve noise
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:43 pm »
Well put Jim! Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 07:39:05 am »
PaStevee, have you followed up on this? Did you find the noise maker?
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 07:45:24 am »
He glued it solid.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 04:45:09 pm »
Sorry for no update. As Pearly said I epoxied both billets into the sleeve. I think the problem started when the brass sleeves were hard to remove from the metal sleeve and I think I torqued the top sleeve trying to seperate the top limb. I actually had to put the bow in my vice to remove the top limb. I should have waxed the brass at the beginning and I believe I probably would have avoided the issue all together. I tried to tighten the fit by gently squeezing the metal sleeve in the vice and that just made the problem worse. The top limb was definitely looser after my reshaping attempt. At that point I figured it best to epoxy the sleeves and make a 1 piece bow. I consider it all a learning process. I still need to finish the bow but it is much quieter and shoots great. Here's a full draw pic.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges