Author Topic: Christmas Trade  (Read 33666 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Christmas Trade
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2018, 05:28:17 am »
Who all sits around a camp fire & cooks hotdogs & marshmallows family & friends? Thinking about making some stuff in the forge again.

I do with my wife and son. We are making a fire pit soon for this exact purpose.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline ohma2

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2018, 09:35:31 am »
The wife and i are in our seventies and we roast hot dogs and marsh mellows on the fire quite often.still good food and still fun.

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2018, 10:56:34 am »
One of our favorite things to do is sit around a fire.  We often cook over a fire and also roast plenty of marshmallows.

I am still trying to figure out what to work on.  I started working on a basket quiver but I am not happy with it.  I have a hickory bow i may keep working on and see how that works out.  The problem is I don't know the specs of my victim.  Maybe people could post their specs?

Offline sleek

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2018, 11:49:53 am »
55 pounds or less 26 inch draw, right handed. And if anyone is struggling or worried about what they are making for me, relax, there are days when id kill for some toilet paper. Im easy to please
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2018, 03:29:29 pm »
there have been several requests for specs, but not everyone has replied.  It would be helpful if everyone did. . .
I am still trying to figure out what would be best for my victim.  I could use more info.

me again, right hand, 29"draw, 55# is my favorite weight.

having said that, I am happy with whatever someone wants to gift.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2018, 07:09:36 pm »
I think I'm going to fire up the forge this weekend.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2018, 11:23:17 pm »
If you got extra trade points, we might make a side deal!  I think I will be putting some of the box stuff in the box tomorrow, but got to do a bit if crafting, as well!  Also putting the finishing touches on the first bow!
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2018, 06:25:21 am »
It's only 6 more weeks before we can send off our gifts. Don't wait til the last minute, guys. That usually never works out well.  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2018, 06:06:53 am »
I’m game with anything that comes my way, even more so if it’s a handmade tool or thing. I’ll also be very happy with raw materials too. Though I’ve found that with gifted materials I use them far more sparingly and on more special projects. For bow wise or arrows, I drae 26.5” on average and like to shoot 60-70#. Though enjoy playing with lighter draws and can handle more.
I still want to gather more materials to send, but at the moment I’ll be sending some nicely snaky multiflora rose shafts (very tempted to keep them for using at group shoots, but will send them), buckbrush shafts and a few other things. I may send a raw but dried pelt along too. And who knows what else.

Kyle

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2018, 07:18:51 pm »
I made a few things for around the campfire.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2018, 07:49:53 pm »
I'm starting to get to where pretty soon I might be able to think about Christmas Trade. I guess I never gave my specks. I like lots of stuff. I'm not hard to please. If you are making a bow. I'm short guy. Draw about 24 1/2" like anything from 50 to 62 lbs. I do like to get in the giving mood at Christmas with hand made presents. Merry Christmas Everyone.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2018, 08:45:39 pm »
I'm going to build a set of dogwood arrows for my secret victim, the shafts are pretty straight and just about dry. I still need to make up fletchings and decide if I'm going to do target points or trade points.

Also planning to put together materials, probably a rocky mountain juniper stave, a bundle of dogwood shafts to build more arrows with, a mule deer antler.... See what else I have an abundance of  :OK
Offgrid mtn living

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2018, 05:48:58 am »
I am working on a hickory self bow.  I got it tillered out to 22 inches and have a heat treatment finished.  The profile is looking pretty good right now.  I am going to start final tillerring this weekend.  Hopefully this bow will work out.  I do have a backup plan but hopefully I won't need that.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2018, 06:46:54 pm »
Anybody ready to ship comes Dec 1st besides Pat?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2018, 08:13:45 pm »
I'd like to see more progress before the last minute. Come on guys, lets see what you are working on.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC