Author Topic: 70" wild cherry 39#28"BlackHoles" and about myself  (Read 3459 times)

Offline backtowood B2W

Re: 70" wild cherry 39#28"BlackHoles" and about myself
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 01:14:00 am »
Thanks again I really didn't expect such positive feedback, I really appreciate that. It tells me I'm on the right way
Simons,
I didn't cut through the back, it's an additional growthring, you cannot see well because the tip of the rawhide overlays it. Take a look again at the sideview of the nock. And, yes, Dacron doesn't make me happy to. I have some linen which makes good strings but I use it economical, I'm not sure if I ll get it again - normally it's used for bookbinding (Buchbindergarn). Any suggestions for stringmaterial which isn't that expensive as FF?
yep you are right I live in the alps. I live in Maishofen, close to Zell am See, Salzburg, Austria. So I can probably throw a bottle of Stiegl Beer in your garden >:D, just kidding!

Offline backtowood B2W

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 02:25:33 am »
Simson, I Will go for452X ang give it a try! thanks for that! Maybe I'm gonna need help for making doubled servings and padded ears.

And I wanted to make her shorter but I put everything on the secure side and left it as long as it was. I should have made some fotos of the little holes, before I wrapped it with linen yarn.
Thanks again for suggestions and criticism.

Now it's time, to put away the tools. We are heading to Slovenia for some family camping adventures 8) Does anybody know about Parcours around soca valley? I'm wondering to take the family bows with us....mhm

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 12:29:58 pm »
Simson, I Will go for452X ang give it a try! thanks for that! Maybe I'm gonna need help for making doubled servings and padded ears.

Ja, hallo Nachbar!
Let me know if you need help. I will continue my article about strings in some weeks or so, just now little time - we have a huge garden and it's harvest time.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline simk

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 08:21:19 am »
Hey Martin, you do very nice bows. And yes, since I read about strings on Simson's page some time ago I also use the B452x - it feels good to have racing-strings  8) 
Cheers from another place in the alps, Simon

[By the way: I also need help for making doubled servings and padded ears. Can somebody share the secret on how to do them without a string board...basically I'd know how to, but I don't no how to get the length correct...]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:28:19 am by simk »
--- the queen rules ----