Author Topic: MoJam 2019 Chopstick Challenge  (Read 19070 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: MoJam 2019 Chopstick Challenge
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 10:58:27 am »
I found some reuseable chop sticks online that are bamboo and actually some that are wenge as well.  From the looks of the original shape of the chop sticks you could make an ELB design with a take down sleve!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 05:33:48 pm »
You guys are bunch of nut buckets for sure. I might suggest hummingbird feathers for the fletch though >:D
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 07:41:50 pm »
You guys are bunch of nut buckets for sure. I might suggest hummingbird feathers for the fletch though >:D

Your right there with us bud!
I'm go to use those big tooth picks they stick in hamburgers with the colored foi on the ends. They should be good flu flus!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 07:56:39 am »
"nut buckets" has a totally different meaning when you're working calves...  :o ::)
 ;)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 10:05:16 am »
"nut buckets" has a totally different meaning when you're working calves...  :o ::)
 ;)
Yep! Breaded and deep fried with sauce, maybe beans or potatoes!  I need to gain more skill before trying bamboo! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 12:45:20 pm »
 ;)
Yep! Breaded and deep fried with sauce, maybe beans or potatoes!  I need to gain more skill before trying bamboo! 
Hawkdancer

Hawk,  if you ever need any.... just holler.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Tinker

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 06:34:50 pm »
We only had two people build chopstick bows. That would be Dave, and myself. Patrick broke my first bow. Needless to say he was not allowed to touch my second. We decided to complete in a flight shoot with our bows. We where quite shocked with the performance of our bows. Dave's bow shot 40 yards. My bow made a surprising 50 shot. Needless to say we are bringing them back next year after some fine tuning.

Offline sleek

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2019, 07:20:31 pm »
We only had two people build chopstick bows. That would be Dave, and myself. Patrick broke my first bow. Needless to say he was not allowed to touch my second. We decided to complete in a flight shoot with our bows. We where quite shocked with the performance of our bows. Dave's bow shot 40 yards. My bow made a surprising 50 shot. Needless to say we are bringing them back next year after some fine tuning.

Patrick can be such an elephant at times...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Tinker

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2019, 08:13:51 pm »

Patrick can be such an elephant at times...
LOL! Toot!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 04:51:14 pm »
Hahaha!!!

Patrick