Author Topic: Notices  (Read 15592 times)

Offline Gobae

• The Blacksmith
    • Oak & Acorn Acient Metalcrafts
Notices
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:03:07 am »
Is there any way not to receive Bow of the Month vote reminder emails?  I'd vote if I thought I had enough experience to voice an opinion, but since I don't have much experience I have no interest in voting.

Thanks

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Notices
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 02:13:03 am »
I believe you can send Oldbow a Personal Message and he can take you off the list.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 03:30:53 am »
Anyone and everyone has a valid opinion as far as BOM goes just as anyone and everyone can enter a bow for BOM consideration. We have guys that are professional bowyers and we have folks that would like to try to make a bow. Each one of them is capable, experienced enough and most of all welcomed to enter and/or vote for BOM.  ;) We would appreciate your opinion also.  8)
  As Justin said, contact OldBow(Don) an e-mail.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 08:34:07 am »
Gobae just vote, you don't have to be experienced to vote for the bow you like.
Its not about which is the best bow anyway, mostly its just a friendly little contest.
So go ahead and vote based on whatever you find appealing.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Gordon

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:11:03 pm »
Gobae, BOM is essentially a "people's choice" contest. If you fall in the catagory of people, then you are qualified to vote  ;D
Gordon

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 09:10:43 pm »
Gobae, BOM is essentially a "people's choice" contest. If you fall in the catagory of people, then you are qualified to vote  ;D

Good one Gordon ;D ;D ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 02:25:15 pm »
Nope - there are several thouisand members and they are not alphabetized. The reminder I to vote may be irksome but it really cranks up the votes.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Andrea S

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 04:45:20 am »
Yeah, you shouldn't be too worried about needing experience to vote. Just do like I do, and vote for which one is the purdiest!!
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abe Lincoln

Offline david w.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 10:43:22 pm »
Women are so shallow they only go for the best looking ;D

or tiller, degree of difficulty ect. but i dont want to start another one of these threads
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 11:08:16 pm »
you better hope that Andrea didnt see this!!!!!!!!! :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 11:25:14 pm »
Nice knowing ya David, better to live a short full life than never to have lived at all eh ::) ;) :)

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 11:25:57 pm »
i guess all the girls by me are shallow  >:D;D lol
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 02:14:51 am »
Boy .....will you ever learn............. ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Andrea S

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 02:00:37 pm »
Right, I spend every tuesday night (bow night!) tearing my hands to bits separating buffalo sinew, hefting a giant farrier's rasp, working the cabinet scraper, and getting heckled by all the guys who are building bows alongside me, all for the love of the craft and the goal of a well-made bow, and you call me shallow!?! Bah! Bah, I say!

"Purdiest" was an oversimplification of the concept that I enjoy seeing unique things, that have not only fine craftsmanship but a good dose of imagination put into them. No offense intended to anyone, and I still think they are gorgeous bows with plenty of time and energy put into them, but since being on this site, I've seen a gazillion and a half rattlesnake-backed osage recurves. The bows that differ from that tend to catch my eye because they are not only beautiful but striking in how they stand out from the norm. I am not shallow; I merely appreciate divergent thought and the audacious application of imagination into one's craft.

So, nyah!  :P :P :P ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:07:03 pm by Andrea S »
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abe Lincoln

Offline DanaM

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 02:10:08 pm »
well said Andrea :)

Manistique, MI