Author Topic: gear ready for bow season.  (Read 2162 times)

Offline ntvbowyer1969

gear ready for bow season.
« on: September 01, 2018, 04:06:04 pm »

[/img]The three bows i made and ready for this years hunting season. All osage bows. Copperhead bow is 64#@25". The strurgeon deflex/reflex bow is 54#@25". The western coach whip is 49#@25". I made privete arrow shafts that i finished tuning today. I used glue on field tips from 150-70grs. The lower weight ones i had to make by cutting them down with a dremal tool get the weights. I do this for my lighter stone points before i cut and glue them into place. It helps to have the different weights to tune the arrows properly. This also lets you know what weight to make your trade points or what weight your stones tips should be before hafting them to shafts. I am getting pumped up. I used the turkey feathers from the gobblers i shot the last two years with my bow. I used acrylic paints to hand draw my crestings. I tried to make colors to match the bows they will be used with. Good luck to everyone this year.

Offline DC

Re: gear ready for bow season.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 07:02:32 pm »
Is the pink one for doe season? Sorry, I couldn't resist ;D ;D

Offline ntvbowyer1969

Re: gear ready for bow season.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 10:04:06 pm »
LOL...the pics made it look that way..but i get you. its all cranberry red the flash made it look like that...the way its shoots pink or not does,bucks,bears should watch out..