Author Topic: Bow Scale  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Bow Scale
« on: April 02, 2008, 09:38:10 am »
I guess it would be better to ask before I already ordered the thing, but I'm bass-ackwards anyway. Has anybody got the Pelouze bow scale from 3 Rivers? Is it fairly accurate?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Bow Scale
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:42 am »
My friend that owns a wheel bow shop and used to shoot professionally for Hoyt uses one in his shop.  I never asked how accurate it is, but I do know he likes it. If someone wants a bow set to 60# and it says 62# he reduces the bow weight until it says 60#. To me that means he has faith in it.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:56:46 am »
I believe they need to be calibrated before use.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:03:37 am »
Ditto to Dana's advice
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 11:24:56 am »
I just went to 3Rivers' site.  I use the Hand Held scale. I can actually draw the bow and check weight. I can also attach it to the string of my rope and pulley. When i ull or draw the weight stays and registers. It stays so you can let down and view it. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 11:26:25 am »
Jawge I have one of them also but the little indicator thingy never stays put when I let down >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 01:11:25 pm »
I have one of them also and it works pretty good.Dana sounds like you need to tighten up your little thingy up. ;D ;D ;) I think I got my big scale 0-100 from three rivers or Lone wolf. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 01:37:11 pm »
Dunno
My Hanson Bow Scale from 3-Rivers is accurate. Just used it to weigh my cooler of beer I plan to take to the Pappy's. Fooey - glass bottles are just too heavy!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 02:57:47 pm »
Dunno
My Hanson Bow Scale from 3-Rivers is accurate. Just used it to weigh my cooler of beer I plan to take to the Pappy's. Fooey - glass bottles are just too heavy!

Oldbow, just go ahead and ship a large cooler of beer to Pappy ahead of time. That way you can have a lot more of your own unique beer on hand at the Classic then you would be able to carry on the flight. We'll put it away somewhere so it will be safe till you arrive! ;D

Trust us... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:44 pm »
Hillbilly- I bought one I'm happy with it,  I found it reads about 1# Under weight.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 10:58:52 pm »
I don't know about that but I sure would like to know where I could get a scale to read up to 200#
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 11:09:14 pm »
Thanks, guys. I feel better now about spending $45 on a souped up Zebco de-liar.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 11:14:29 pm »
Thanks, guys. I feel better now about spending $45 on a souped up Zebco de-liar.  ;D

Dang steve I have one of them I would have sold ya for no more than $20 ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 11:41:00 pm »
Marc. 2003 # ?  Whew! Dana, he one I boght had 2 indicator. One showed weight and the other showed the let off. The one that showed the let off must have gotten lonely. It's not there anymore. It must have dropped off. I wonder why yours doesn't stay when you let down. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 08:14:58 am »
I have no idea Jawge other than to say its plastic, hey maybe it needs a little blue pill eh ::)

Manistique, MI