Author Topic: You ever get bowyers block?  (Read 3558 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: You ever get bowyers block?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 08:22:55 am »
Yes delays have happened to me too.Too many other things going on.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 08:55:07 pm »
It seems to be worldwide! I miss my shoptime, but other projects take my time. This site helps to inspire though.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Ryan Jacob

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 04:04:49 am »
Got that problem here to. Too much knapping, not nearly enough bowyering.

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 05:20:51 am »
I am not doing it long enough I guess, I have a pretty long list of bow models and woods I still want to try. But with two kids, a full time job and my wife's health problems shoptime is rare these days!

Offline Dances with squirrels

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 05:31:47 pm »
I have a month's vacation coming up mid-October, I WILL get my bows caught up and then some. Lots of other things planned too, and it's hunting season to boot. Bows, testing equipment, guns, knives, quivers, pouches, calls, chasing critters and shrooms, build another, more versatile bench in the shop, work on completing the shop and garage, maybe a few drinks and campfires :),  never get it all done, but I'm gonna give it hell, and we'll see how it goes. Gonna be a heck of a ride. Hang on!
Straight wood may make a better bow, but crooked wood makes a better bowyer

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 06:13:35 am »
I find I really need to be in the right mood to work on bows.  I will go months without working on a bow and then once I start working on one, it seems all my spare time goes into it until completed. 

I also find i tend to do more bowering January through April.  I have a lot of hobbies but I find I have more time available that time of year.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 08:39:03 am »
Finished my 5th bow of the year in june, the one i made for Pearlie... now when i go in the shop its fer other things, just lost steam and now concetrating on huntin season. Hate the lack of inspiration but it always comes back with a vengeance and than theres never enough time.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 06:14:09 pm »
The years have taken their toll-bad back, neck. Making bows is a slow process for me at 70 y/o.
Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 06:45:10 pm »
My bow-making motivation is usually very high, however these wood-backed bows are certainly testing my resolve. So many things can go wrong, and after numerous failures I have yet to succeed in what I'm aiming for. Needless to say I've been feeling a bit discouraged.  (--)

"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb